May 7, 2010, 4:00 PM EDT
So I’m hitting the road and heading up to Cleveland to take in the Indians-Tigers game tonight. But it’s not just any ballgame for me. I’ve been invited by the Indians to sit in the “Tribe Social Deck.” Basically: blogger press box in the left field bleachers with WiFi and all of that stuff. Can’t pass that up!
The forecast currently looks grim, but we’re a resilient lot here in the Midwest, and I have faith that we’ll get this one in.
I should be tweeting — I’m @craigcalcaterra if you’re into that sort of thing — and probably posting a few things from the ballpark tonight. Laptops are waterproof, right?
Of course they are.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)