May 7, 2010, 4:00 PM EDT
So I’m hitting the road and heading up to Cleveland to take in the Indians-Tigers game tonight. But it’s not just any ballgame for me. I’ve been invited by the Indians to sit in the “Tribe Social Deck.” Basically: blogger press box in the left field bleachers with WiFi and all of that stuff. Can’t pass that up!
The forecast currently looks grim, but we’re a resilient lot here in the Midwest, and I have faith that we’ll get this one in.
I should be tweeting — I’m @craigcalcaterra if you’re into that sort of thing — and probably posting a few things from the ballpark tonight. Laptops are waterproof, right?
Of course they are.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 31
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)