May 7, 2010, 3:42 PM EDT
Nutrisystem dropped Lawrence Taylor as a spokesperson following yesterday’s rape charge and today they replaced him on the website with … Matt Stairs.
After being short and stocky for the first 17 seasons of his career, Stairs dropped 30 pounds during the offseason and claimed a spot on the Padres’ bench at age 42.
And now he gets to replace Taylor on the Nutrisystem website right next to “celebrity success stories” like Tony Orlando, Marie Osmond, and Phillies manager Charlie Manuel.
Sadly, in addition to shedding 30 pounds Stairs’ trademark curly mullet is also gone. He still has better “hair” than Tony Orlando, though.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 14
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 54
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 52
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 46
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)