May 7, 2010, 3:42 PM EDT
Nutrisystem dropped Lawrence Taylor as a spokesperson following yesterday’s rape charge and today they replaced him on the website with … Matt Stairs.
After being short and stocky for the first 17 seasons of his career, Stairs dropped 30 pounds during the offseason and claimed a spot on the Padres’ bench at age 42.
And now he gets to replace Taylor on the Nutrisystem website right next to “celebrity success stories” like Tony Orlando, Marie Osmond, and Phillies manager Charlie Manuel.
Sadly, in addition to shedding 30 pounds Stairs’ trademark curly mullet is also gone. He still has better “hair” than Tony Orlando, though.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (115)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)