May 7, 2010, 3:42 PM EDT
Nutrisystem dropped Lawrence Taylor as a spokesperson following yesterday’s rape charge and today they replaced him on the website with … Matt Stairs.
After being short and stocky for the first 17 seasons of his career, Stairs dropped 30 pounds during the offseason and claimed a spot on the Padres’ bench at age 42.
And now he gets to replace Taylor on the Nutrisystem website right next to “celebrity success stories” like Tony Orlando, Marie Osmond, and Phillies manager Charlie Manuel.
Sadly, in addition to shedding 30 pounds Stairs’ trademark curly mullet is also gone. He still has better “hair” than Tony Orlando, though.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 28
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)