May 7, 2010, 9:45 AM EDT
Indians games appear on SportsTime Ohio, and after most games a fellow by the name of Bruce Drennan comes on with a show called “All Bets are Off.” It’s basically talk radio on television, but since this is the Midwest it’s fairly tame as far as those things go.
But sometimes Drennan goes a little nuts, and he certainly did after Wednesday’s ninth inning loss to the Blue Jays. Thank God and YouTube for preserving this absolutely wonderful rant on the state of the Indians. I mean it: this thing is transcendent. Let’s hope it stays up.
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 7
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 56
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 23
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 26
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)