May 7, 2010, 11:12 AM EDT
Starlin Castro is the Cubs’ number one prospect and, according to Keith Law, who has seen him play, is one of the most exciting prospects in all of baseball. He has an electric bat with decent pop for a middle infielder, good range at shortstop and an arm Cubs’ fans haven’t seen since Shawon Dunston.
He also has a ticket to Chicago as of this morning, as ESPN’s Enrique Rojas reports that he is being called up from Double-A Tennessee. Castro is batting .376/.421/.569 with one home run, 20 RBI and 20
runs scored. He’ll presumably take over shortstop, moving Ryan Theriot to second base and Mike Fontenot to, well, who really cares?
Cubs fans could use a little excitement. They’re about to get it.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 14
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 71
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 63
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)