May 8, 2010, 2:02 PM EDT
Different level, same results. Stephen Strasburg allowed just one hit over six scoreless innings in his debut for Triple-A Syracuse on Friday night. According to Jennifer McCaffery of MLB.com, Strasburg threw 45 of 65 pitches for strikes, striking out six while walking just one. He topped out at 99 mph on the radar gun.
The 2009 No. 1 overall pick is 4-1 with a 1.29 ERA though his first six starts in the minors, posting a 33/7 K/BB ratio over 28 innings.
Here’s what Syracuse manager Trent Jewett told Matt Michael of Baseball America following Friday’s impressive outing:
“He’s got pace of game, he’s got confidence, he’s
got location, he’s got stuff, all he needs is experience,” Chiefs
manager Trent Jewett said. “Come watch while you can.“
It’s only a matter of when.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (152)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)