May 9, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
They also roll modestly. During his postgame interview with the Comcast SportsNet California announcers, Braden gave credit to his catcher Landon Powell and to his defenders. Braden said that he “could go to sleep out there,” meaning that he had full trust in Powell to call the game, rarely shaking his catcher off.
It was the 19th perfect game in major league history. The last perfect
game — Mark Buehrle’s — was also against Tampa Bay.
That sound you hear is all of the Yankees beat writers running over to A-Rod’s locker in Boston, asking him what he thinks about Braden extending his 15 minutes of fame.
Seems to me he’s doin’ just fine on his own.
6:10 PM: Dallas Braden has a perfect game going against the Rays through the eighth inning.
One way to keep people off your mound? Don’t let ’em on the bases.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 82
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 13
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 34
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 40
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (185)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)