May 9, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
They also roll modestly. During his postgame interview with the Comcast SportsNet California announcers, Braden gave credit to his catcher Landon Powell and to his defenders. Braden said that he “could go to sleep out there,” meaning that he had full trust in Powell to call the game, rarely shaking his catcher off.
It was the 19th perfect game in major league history. The last perfect
game — Mark Buehrle’s — was also against Tampa Bay.
That sound you hear is all of the Yankees beat writers running over to A-Rod’s locker in Boston, asking him what he thinks about Braden extending his 15 minutes of fame.
Seems to me he’s doin’ just fine on his own.
6:10 PM: Dallas Braden has a perfect game going against the Rays through the eighth inning.
One way to keep people off your mound? Don’t let ‘em on the bases.
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 54
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 27
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)