May 9, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
They also roll modestly. During his postgame interview with the Comcast SportsNet California announcers, Braden gave credit to his catcher Landon Powell and to his defenders. Braden said that he “could go to sleep out there,” meaning that he had full trust in Powell to call the game, rarely shaking his catcher off.
It was the 19th perfect game in major league history. The last perfect
game — Mark Buehrle’s — was also against Tampa Bay.
That sound you hear is all of the Yankees beat writers running over to A-Rod’s locker in Boston, asking him what he thinks about Braden extending his 15 minutes of fame.
Seems to me he’s doin’ just fine on his own.
6:10 PM: Dallas Braden has a perfect game going against the Rays through the eighth inning.
One way to keep people off your mound? Don’t let ‘em on the bases.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 7
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 5
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)