May 9, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
They also roll modestly. During his postgame interview with the Comcast SportsNet California announcers, Braden gave credit to his catcher Landon Powell and to his defenders. Braden said that he “could go to sleep out there,” meaning that he had full trust in Powell to call the game, rarely shaking his catcher off.
It was the 19th perfect game in major league history. The last perfect
game — Mark Buehrle’s — was also against Tampa Bay.
That sound you hear is all of the Yankees beat writers running over to A-Rod’s locker in Boston, asking him what he thinks about Braden extending his 15 minutes of fame.
Seems to me he’s doin’ just fine on his own.
6:10 PM: Dallas Braden has a perfect game going against the Rays through the eighth inning.
One way to keep people off your mound? Don’t let ‘em on the bases.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 9
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 177
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (177)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)