May 9, 2010, 11:19 AM EDT
Kurt Suzuki, who has been on the disabled list since April 24 with a strained rib cage, is expected to return to the A’s starting lineup on Wednesday, according to Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle.
Suzuki is a major part of the A’s offense and should provide a nice emotional boost for the 16-15 club upon his return. Before rejoining his Oakland teammates, Kurt will likely head to Single-A Stockton or another minor league affiliate to work on his timing at the plate and reacquaint himself with crouching for nine full innings. That should happen on Monday and Tuesday.
The 26-year-old catcher is a .271/.330/.403 hitter through his first three major league seasons. He had an 852 OPS, four home runs and 11 RBI in 59 at-bats this year before the injury.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)