May 10, 2010, 6:58 PM EST
According to Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com, Carlos Beltran may be given clearance to begin light jogging this week. Beltran, who underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right knee in January, has reportedly made some strides in his rehab after being fitted with a custom knee brace during a visit to Dr. Richard Steadman in Colorado last month.
The Mets originally hoped to have Beltran back sometime this month, but given that he hasn’t even been cleared to begin “light jogging,” let alone running, June is now the best-case scenario.
By the way, Mets center fielders (Angel Pagan and Gary Matthews Jr.) have combined to hit just .236/.314/.341 with one home run and nine RBI this season. Their collective .655 OPS is fourth from the bottom in the National League.
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 0
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 21
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)