May 10, 2010, 6:58 PM EDT
According to Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com, Carlos Beltran may be given clearance to begin light jogging this week. Beltran, who underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right knee in January, has reportedly made some strides in his rehab after being fitted with a custom knee brace during a visit to Dr. Richard Steadman in Colorado last month.
The Mets originally hoped to have Beltran back sometime this month, but given that he hasn’t even been cleared to begin “light jogging,” let alone running, June is now the best-case scenario.
By the way, Mets center fielders (Angel Pagan and Gary Matthews Jr.) have combined to hit just .236/.314/.341 with one home run and nine RBI this season. Their collective .655 OPS is fourth from the bottom in the National League.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 22
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 23
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 140
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 138
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (140)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (138)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)