May 10, 2010, 6:58 PM EDT
According to Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com, Carlos Beltran may be given clearance to begin light jogging this week. Beltran, who underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right knee in January, has reportedly made some strides in his rehab after being fitted with a custom knee brace during a visit to Dr. Richard Steadman in Colorado last month.
The Mets originally hoped to have Beltran back sometime this month, but given that he hasn’t even been cleared to begin “light jogging,” let alone running, June is now the best-case scenario.
By the way, Mets center fielders (Angel Pagan and Gary Matthews Jr.) have combined to hit just .236/.314/.341 with one home run and nine RBI this season. Their collective .655 OPS is fourth from the bottom in the National League.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 7
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 5
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)