May 10, 2010, 10:17 AM EDT
Here are some of Dallas Braden’s comments after yesterday’s perfecto.
I like the part where he says that he’d like to have some of the same career accomplishments as the other 18 men who threw perfect games. The way I see it the only thing he’s got to do to top Len Barker is to convince Ted Turner to trade too much for him, because Braden is already a better pitcher.
Mike Witt may be the next one on the list for Braden, but it’ll take him a while to get to even his level. Indeed, unlike mere no-hitters which sometimes do just happen rather freakishly (Bud Smith? Jose Jimenez? Eric Milton?), just about everyone who has thrown a perfect game was pretty studly in his own particular way.*
*Note: this is the first time in recorded history that the words “studly” was used to refer to a group of men which included David Wells.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 7
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 10
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 11
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 35
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 73
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)