May 10, 2010, 12:13 PM EDT
David Wright gets some garbage about not being a firey team leader from time to time. He’s working on the firey, though. Just check out his reaction to his called strike three in the ninth inning of yesterday’s Mets-Giants game.
I’m pretty sure at one point that Wright told the umpire to “get the funk out.” Either that means my hearing is a bit wonky or else the umpire just isn’t into dancing.
For what it’s worth, Wright was right about the call. But when you’re in the ninth inning of a getaway day game which featured 16 walks and all kinds of sloppy play, it’s hard to knock the ump for wanting to get the heck out of there and on to the airport.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 73
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)