May 10, 2010, 12:13 PM EDT
David Wright gets some garbage about not being a firey team leader from time to time. He’s working on the firey, though. Just check out his reaction to his called strike three in the ninth inning of yesterday’s Mets-Giants game.
I’m pretty sure at one point that Wright told the umpire to “get the funk out.” Either that means my hearing is a bit wonky or else the umpire just isn’t into dancing.
For what it’s worth, Wright was right about the call. But when you’re in the ninth inning of a getaway day game which featured 16 walks and all kinds of sloppy play, it’s hard to knock the ump for wanting to get the heck out of there and on to the airport.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (100)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)