May 10, 2010, 12:13 PM EST
David Wright gets some garbage about not being a firey team leader from time to time. He’s working on the firey, though. Just check out his reaction to his called strike three in the ninth inning of yesterday’s Mets-Giants game.
I’m pretty sure at one point that Wright told the umpire to “get the funk out.” Either that means my hearing is a bit wonky or else the umpire just isn’t into dancing.
For what it’s worth, Wright was right about the call. But when you’re in the ninth inning of a getaway day game which featured 16 walks and all kinds of sloppy play, it’s hard to knock the ump for wanting to get the heck out of there and on to the airport.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 91
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 27
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 257
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)