May 10, 2010, 12:13 PM EDT
David Wright gets some garbage about not being a firey team leader from time to time. He’s working on the firey, though. Just check out his reaction to his called strike three in the ninth inning of yesterday’s Mets-Giants game.
I’m pretty sure at one point that Wright told the umpire to “get the funk out.” Either that means my hearing is a bit wonky or else the umpire just isn’t into dancing.
For what it’s worth, Wright was right about the call. But when you’re in the ninth inning of a getaway day game which featured 16 walks and all kinds of sloppy play, it’s hard to knock the ump for wanting to get the heck out of there and on to the airport.
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 58
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 61
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 18
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)