May 10, 2010, 5:46 PM EDT
Beckett was slated to start this Wednesday against the Blue Jays, but the Sox are pushing him until Friday. There’s nothing wrong with him, the team says, they just think he needs an extra side session and maybe a chill pill or something (note: they didn’t say chill pill). Either way, Beckett’s ERA is currently 7.46, so he could probably use a couple of extra days off.
will take the Wednesday start instead. He’s a knculeballer, of course, so he’s always prepared for anything. I mean, they’re starting to recommend that you keep a knuckleballer in the trunk of your car for emergencies. They’re that useful.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 3
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)