May 10, 2010, 5:46 PM EDT
Beckett was slated to start this Wednesday against the Blue Jays, but the Sox are pushing him until Friday. There’s nothing wrong with him, the team says, they just think he needs an extra side session and maybe a chill pill or something (note: they didn’t say chill pill). Either way, Beckett’s ERA is currently 7.46, so he could probably use a couple of extra days off.
will take the Wednesday start instead. He’s a knculeballer, of course, so he’s always prepared for anything. I mean, they’re starting to recommend that you keep a knuckleballer in the trunk of your car for emergencies. They’re that useful.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)