May 10, 2010, 5:46 PM EST
Beckett was slated to start this Wednesday against the Blue Jays, but the Sox are pushing him until Friday. There’s nothing wrong with him, the team says, they just think he needs an extra side session and maybe a chill pill or something (note: they didn’t say chill pill). Either way, Beckett’s ERA is currently 7.46, so he could probably use a couple of extra days off.
will take the Wednesday start instead. He’s a knculeballer, of course, so he’s always prepared for anything. I mean, they’re starting to recommend that you keep a knuckleballer in the trunk of your car for emergencies. They’re that useful.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 9
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 161
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (161)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)