May 10, 2010, 5:46 PM EDT
Beckett was slated to start this Wednesday against the Blue Jays, but the Sox are pushing him until Friday. There’s nothing wrong with him, the team says, they just think he needs an extra side session and maybe a chill pill or something (note: they didn’t say chill pill). Either way, Beckett’s ERA is currently 7.46, so he could probably use a couple of extra days off.
will take the Wednesday start instead. He’s a knculeballer, of course, so he’s always prepared for anything. I mean, they’re starting to recommend that you keep a knuckleballer in the trunk of your car for emergencies. They’re that useful.
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 7
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)