May 10, 2010, 5:46 PM EDT
Beckett was slated to start this Wednesday against the Blue Jays, but the Sox are pushing him until Friday. There’s nothing wrong with him, the team says, they just think he needs an extra side session and maybe a chill pill or something (note: they didn’t say chill pill). Either way, Beckett’s ERA is currently 7.46, so he could probably use a couple of extra days off.
will take the Wednesday start instead. He’s a knculeballer, of course, so he’s always prepared for anything. I mean, they’re starting to recommend that you keep a knuckleballer in the trunk of your car for emergencies. They’re that useful.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 10
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 102
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (128)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (102)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)