May 10, 2010, 8:55 AM EDT
Dallas Braden’s perfect game obviously overshadowed every other pitching performance Sunday, but Ubaldo Jimenez and Clayton Kershaw hooked up for a great matchup of young flamethrowers.
Jimenez allowed just two hits over seven innings of one-run ball, but took his first loss of the season as Kershaw shut out the Rockies for eight innings. Kershaw has struggled to throw strikes all year and got just four outs in his previous start, but now has 45 strikeouts in 38.2 innings.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)