May 10, 2010, 8:55 AM EDT
Dallas Braden’s perfect game obviously overshadowed every other pitching performance Sunday, but Ubaldo Jimenez and Clayton Kershaw hooked up for a great matchup of young flamethrowers.
Jimenez allowed just two hits over seven innings of one-run ball, but took his first loss of the season as Kershaw shut out the Rockies for eight innings. Kershaw has struggled to throw strikes all year and got just four outs in his previous start, but now has 45 strikeouts in 38.2 innings.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)