May 10, 2010, 8:55 AM EDT
Dallas Braden’s perfect game obviously overshadowed every other pitching performance Sunday, but Ubaldo Jimenez and Clayton Kershaw hooked up for a great matchup of young flamethrowers.
Jimenez allowed just two hits over seven innings of one-run ball, but took his first loss of the season as Kershaw shut out the Rockies for eight innings. Kershaw has struggled to throw strikes all year and got just four outs in his previous start, but now has 45 strikeouts in 38.2 innings.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 14
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 17
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8