May 10, 2010, 10:46 AM EST
When the Indians activated Kerry Wood on Friday, Aaron thought that the Indians should ease him back into things with some middle relief work or something, but that the team would probably try to rush him back and get some saves under his belt so he could be more easily flipped sometime this summer.
As always, you should listen to Aaron, because he was right. After one major league relief performance — during which he allowed two runs over two-thirds of an inning against the Tigers on Saturday — the Indians decided that, yep, he’s the closer again. He’ll resume responsibility for the ninth inning tomorrow.
It’s probably all academic anyway. It’s not like the Indians have a lot of late-inning leads to protect in the first place.
- UPDATE: Giants believe Hunter Pence suffered broken left forearm on hit-by-pitch 1
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 7
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 136
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (372)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (138)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (90)