May 10, 2010, 10:46 AM EST
When the Indians activated Kerry Wood on Friday, Aaron thought that the Indians should ease him back into things with some middle relief work or something, but that the team would probably try to rush him back and get some saves under his belt so he could be more easily flipped sometime this summer.
As always, you should listen to Aaron, because he was right. After one major league relief performance — during which he allowed two runs over two-thirds of an inning against the Tigers on Saturday — the Indians decided that, yep, he’s the closer again. He’ll resume responsibility for the ninth inning tomorrow.
It’s probably all academic anyway. It’s not like the Indians have a lot of late-inning leads to protect in the first place.
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 72
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 34
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 29
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 24
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)