May 11, 2010, 9:01 PM EST
Brad Lidge, who was unavailable Monday due to soreness in his surgically-repaired right elbow, was unhappy with the way he felt during a throwing session in Colorado on Tuesday, according to Todd Zolecki of MLB.com.
It’s discouraging news for a short-handed pen, but as of now, the Phillies don’t believe the stiffness is anything out of the ordinary for a pitcher coming off surgery, reports David Murphy of the Philadelphia Daily News.
“I don’t think it’s to that point,” assistant GM Scott Proefrock said of
sending Lidge to the DL and calling up a fresh arm. “If it gets to that
point, we can explore that. Right now, it’s just something we’re
monitoring day to day.”
Luckily, Phillies manager Charlie Manuel won’t even be faced with a ninth-inning situation tonight, as Tuesday’s game against the Rockies has been postponed due to rain. The clubs will make it up as part of a split doubleheader on Wednesday.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)