May 11, 2010, 5:12 PM EDT
“It’s sort of good now that there is debris to be blown out there. It shows people are spending some money and buying food
and drink and enjoying themselves.”
– Dave Howard, Mets Executive Vice President for Business Operations when asked about all of the trash and debris that has been swirling around Citi Field lately.
I kinda like that answer, actually. It’s been windy. Trash happens. Why make some baloney noises about how “concerned we are” and about “studying the matter further” like so many P.R. people would probably advise? Own your hot dog wrappers.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)