May 11, 2010, 5:12 PM EST
“It’s sort of good now that there is debris to be blown out there. It shows people are spending some money and buying food
and drink and enjoying themselves.”
– Dave Howard, Mets Executive Vice President for Business Operations when asked about all of the trash and debris that has been swirling around Citi Field lately.
I kinda like that answer, actually. It’s been windy. Trash happens. Why make some baloney noises about how “concerned we are” and about “studying the matter further” like so many P.R. people would probably advise? Own your hot dog wrappers.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27