May 11, 2010, 5:12 PM EDT
“It’s sort of good now that there is debris to be blown out there. It shows people are spending some money and buying food
and drink and enjoying themselves.”
– Dave Howard, Mets Executive Vice President for Business Operations when asked about all of the trash and debris that has been swirling around Citi Field lately.
I kinda like that answer, actually. It’s been windy. Trash happens. Why make some baloney noises about how “concerned we are” and about “studying the matter further” like so many P.R. people would probably advise? Own your hot dog wrappers.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)