May 11, 2010, 5:12 PM EDT
“It’s sort of good now that there is debris to be blown out there. It shows people are spending some money and buying food
and drink and enjoying themselves.”
— Dave Howard, Mets Executive Vice President for Business Operations when asked about all of the trash and debris that has been swirling around Citi Field lately.
I kinda like that answer, actually. It’s been windy. Trash happens. Why make some baloney noises about how “concerned we are” and about “studying the matter further” like so many P.R. people would probably advise? Own your hot dog wrappers.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20