May 11, 2010, 5:12 PM EST
“It’s sort of good now that there is debris to be blown out there. It shows people are spending some money and buying food
and drink and enjoying themselves.”
– Dave Howard, Mets Executive Vice President for Business Operations when asked about all of the trash and debris that has been swirling around Citi Field lately.
I kinda like that answer, actually. It’s been windy. Trash happens. Why make some baloney noises about how “concerned we are” and about “studying the matter further” like so many P.R. people would probably advise? Own your hot dog wrappers.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 3
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 14
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)