Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan takes her cuts

May 11, 2010, 3:29 PM EDT

This is not a political or legal blog, so I will  keep my opinions about Elena Kagan’s fitness as a Justice to myself. But I
at least figured that all of you should know that this is a picture of the person who will most likely be the next Justice of the United States Supreme Court:

Kagan playing baseball.jpgWord on the street is that Kagan is a Mets fan. If she still has that swing after all these years she’d probably make a more useful Mets player than Gary Matthews, Jr.

1. Moshe - May 11, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Elena Kagan is awesome. That is all.

2. Alan - May 11, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Awesome, no way. Awful is the better word.

3. Moshe - May 11, 2010 at 4:07 PM

Being that I doubt you know anything about her except her political affiliation, I’ll let that one slide.

4. Jonny5 - May 11, 2010 at 4:09 PM

The first time I saw her on TV I thought I was looking at a young Rodney Dangerfield in a dress. Then they said this was the latest Supreme court nominee. Then I was pretty sure it was Rodney. Then they told me it was a her, and her name was Elana. Why must the media lie to me so?

5. BCTF - May 11, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Weird, a lesbian playing softball, go figure.

6. Old Gator - May 11, 2010 at 4:22 PM

She looks to me like she could whup your sorry ass before the first empty longneck hits the floor.
    Mine too, probably. I’ve only been power lifting for three years.

7. Tom - May 11, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Where is that picture from? That’s not exactly what I’d call athletic apparel.

8. Oggmonster - May 11, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Substitute “young Rodney Dangerfield” for “old Brendan Fraser” and I went through the exact same thing.

9. BCTF - May 11, 2010 at 4:36 PM

It’s from a Gap add in 1972

10. Ace - May 11, 2010 at 4:45 PM

I love the Awesome v. Awful exchange above. Boils the whole political debate right down to the essentials, and I kind of hope it precludes the need to argue her merits any further.
    And hey, BCTF, just because she’s 50 and unmarried and used to play softball, that doesn’t mean she’s necessarily a lesbian. Although, yeah, it’s a pretty strong possibility, in which case, wouldn’t she be the first gay supreme court justice in history? That would be pretty neat! (I know there were some rumors flying around about Souter, but I believe they were rather roundly debunked.)

11. Tom - May 11, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Or is that how they dress for sports in Manhattan and at Harvard? It beats playing lacrosse though!

12. Joey B - May 11, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Can’t tell too much without seeing the torque, but she looks good in the pic.
    Three chicks on the SC, all from the same city, all three rooting for different NYC teams. This is why America rules.

13. bugjackblue - May 12, 2010 at 2:29 AM

Scalia and Thomas are already creaming in their jeans dreaming of the spanking the big powerful kind-of-butch Jewish dominatrix is going to give them. “Oh, oh, oh! Thank you miss, may I have another? Oh, oh, OHHHHHHH!!!!” Oh yeah, they’ve been praying for something like this for years…

Jackie Robinson Day is bittersweet