May 11, 2010, 1:29 PM EDT
Well, he did have it first.
The team is being gracious enough, however, to include Tom Glavine in the ceremony this August 6th. Glavine will also be inducted into the Braves’ Hall of Fame. Jacoby’s induction is apparently being delayed by politics and the usual kind of B.S. that tends to accompany these things.
In his honor, Glavine will almost certainly be called on to throw out the ceremonial first pitch, it will almost certainly be a foot into the lefthand batter’s box, and it will be almost certainly be called a strike.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 17
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 39
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)