May 11, 2010, 1:29 PM EDT
Well, he did have it first.
The team is being gracious enough, however, to include Tom Glavine in the ceremony this August 6th. Glavine will also be inducted into the Braves’ Hall of Fame. Jacoby’s induction is apparently being delayed by politics and the usual kind of B.S. that tends to accompany these things.
In his honor, Glavine will almost certainly be called on to throw out the ceremonial first pitch, it will almost certainly be a foot into the lefthand batter’s box, and it will be almost certainly be called a strike.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)