May 11, 2010, 1:29 PM EDT
Well, he did have it first.
The team is being gracious enough, however, to include Tom Glavine in the ceremony this August 6th. Glavine will also be inducted into the Braves’ Hall of Fame. Jacoby’s induction is apparently being delayed by politics and the usual kind of B.S. that tends to accompany these things.
In his honor, Glavine will almost certainly be called on to throw out the ceremonial first pitch, it will almost certainly be a foot into the lefthand batter’s box, and it will be almost certainly be called a strike.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)