May 11, 2010, 1:29 PM EDT
Well, he did have it first.
The team is being gracious enough, however, to include Tom Glavine in the ceremony this August 6th. Glavine will also be inducted into the Braves’ Hall of Fame. Jacoby’s induction is apparently being delayed by politics and the usual kind of B.S. that tends to accompany these things.
In his honor, Glavine will almost certainly be called on to throw out the ceremonial first pitch, it will almost certainly be a foot into the lefthand batter’s box, and it will be almost certainly be called a strike.
- George Springer placed on 7-day concussion disabled list 1
- Video: Joey Votto ejected, bumps umpire 24
- Carlos Rodon to make first MLB start Saturday 1
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 43
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 18
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (95)