May 11, 2010, 4:13 PM EDT
Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times just tweeted that the Mariners’ clubhouse is closed for a team meeting. Let’s try to guess the meeting agenda:
1. Call to order; introductory remarks; coffee, donuts, Red Bull, Mountain Dew, assorted energy drinks to be served.
2. Guest speaker, Dr. Phillip P. Scheaf, Sleep Apnea Expert
3. Guest speaker, Julia R. Wilkinson, Psy.D. topic: “Keeping the dirty laundry in the laundry room: 12 tips to successful team building”
4. Breakout sessions (see Rick Adair for dry erase markers; note cards)
5. Ken Griffey Jr. to address team (no questions to follow)
6. Milton Bradley presentation. Topic: “You people have a lot of nerve calling me dysfunctional.”
7. Closing remarks, adjournment.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17