May 11, 2010, 3:12 PM EDT
Have left arm, will travel: the Chisox have signed Alan Embree to a minor league deal and assigned him to Charlotte.
Embree, of course, began the year in the Bosox organization, but was let go by the team without throwing a pitch for the big club.
Embree actually pitched 39 games for the White Sox back in 2001, but you’re forgiven if you forgot about that. He’s bounced around so much in his career that his Baseball-Reference page looks like someone spilled bacon grease all over it and tried to wipe it off with a donut. Really, if you look hard enough at that thing I’m pretty sure you could find that he pitched 14 games for the Brooklyn Superbas.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)