May 11, 2010, 3:12 PM EST
Have left arm, will travel: the Chisox have signed Alan Embree to a minor league deal and assigned him to Charlotte.
Embree, of course, began the year in the Bosox organization, but was let go by the team without throwing a pitch for the big club.
Embree actually pitched 39 games for the White Sox back in 2001, but you’re forgiven if you forgot about that. He’s bounced around so much in his career that his Baseball-Reference page looks like someone spilled bacon grease all over it and tried to wipe it off with a donut. Really, if you look hard enough at that thing I’m pretty sure you could find that he pitched 14 games for the Brooklyn Superbas.
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 0
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 338
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (338)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)