May 11, 2010, 3:12 PM EDT
Have left arm, will travel: the Chisox have signed Alan Embree to a minor league deal and assigned him to Charlotte.
Embree, of course, began the year in the Bosox organization, but was let go by the team without throwing a pitch for the big club.
Embree actually pitched 39 games for the White Sox back in 2001, but you’re forgiven if you forgot about that. He’s bounced around so much in his career that his Baseball-Reference page looks like someone spilled bacon grease all over it and tried to wipe it off with a donut. Really, if you look hard enough at that thing I’m pretty sure you could find that he pitched 14 games for the Brooklyn Superbas.
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 1
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 78
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)