May 11, 2010, 3:12 PM EST
Have left arm, will travel: the Chisox have signed Alan Embree to a minor league deal and assigned him to Charlotte.
Embree, of course, began the year in the Bosox organization, but was let go by the team without throwing a pitch for the big club.
Embree actually pitched 39 games for the White Sox back in 2001, but you’re forgiven if you forgot about that. He’s bounced around so much in his career that his Baseball-Reference page looks like someone spilled bacon grease all over it and tried to wipe it off with a donut. Really, if you look hard enough at that thing I’m pretty sure you could find that he pitched 14 games for the Brooklyn Superbas.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)