May 11, 2010, 3:12 PM EDT
Have left arm, will travel: the Chisox have signed Alan Embree to a minor league deal and assigned him to Charlotte.
Embree, of course, began the year in the Bosox organization, but was let go by the team without throwing a pitch for the big club.
Embree actually pitched 39 games for the White Sox back in 2001, but you’re forgiven if you forgot about that. He’s bounced around so much in his career that his Baseball-Reference page looks like someone spilled bacon grease all over it and tried to wipe it off with a donut. Really, if you look hard enough at that thing I’m pretty sure you could find that he pitched 14 games for the Brooklyn Superbas.
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 6
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 16
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)