May 12, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
As D.J. mentioned last night, Brad Lidge wasn’t happy with his throwing session yesterday, as he is still having stiffness issues with his elbow. The Phillies have seen enough, apparently, as Todd Zolecki reports that they’ve put him on a plane back to Philly to see a doctor.
Due to last night’s rain, the Phillies and Rockies are playing a doubleheader today. Doing it a man down in the bullpen is going to make life interesting.
Well, maybe not. Roy Halladay is throwing the early game, and he knows not of these “bullpens” of which you speak.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)