May 12, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
As D.J. mentioned last night, Brad Lidge wasn’t happy with his throwing session yesterday, as he is still having stiffness issues with his elbow. The Phillies have seen enough, apparently, as Todd Zolecki reports that they’ve put him on a plane back to Philly to see a doctor.
Due to last night’s rain, the Phillies and Rockies are playing a doubleheader today. Doing it a man down in the bullpen is going to make life interesting.
Well, maybe not. Roy Halladay is throwing the early game, and he knows not of these “bullpens” of which you speak.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 6
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 30
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 10
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (190)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)