May 12, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
As D.J. mentioned last night, Brad Lidge wasn’t happy with his throwing session yesterday, as he is still having stiffness issues with his elbow. The Phillies have seen enough, apparently, as Todd Zolecki reports that they’ve put him on a plane back to Philly to see a doctor.
Due to last night’s rain, the Phillies and Rockies are playing a doubleheader today. Doing it a man down in the bullpen is going to make life interesting.
Well, maybe not. Roy Halladay is throwing the early game, and he knows not of these “bullpens” of which you speak.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)