May 12, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
As D.J. mentioned last night, Brad Lidge wasn’t happy with his throwing session yesterday, as he is still having stiffness issues with his elbow. The Phillies have seen enough, apparently, as Todd Zolecki reports that they’ve put him on a plane back to Philly to see a doctor.
Due to last night’s rain, the Phillies and Rockies are playing a doubleheader today. Doing it a man down in the bullpen is going to make life interesting.
Well, maybe not. Roy Halladay is throwing the early game, and he knows not of these “bullpens” of which you speak.
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 1
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 34
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 61
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 80
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 113
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (113)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)