May 12, 2010, 1:15 PM EST
Because I know you were all wondering about this:
Sammy Sosa stunned fans last year when he turned up at
the Latin Grammys with noticeably whiter skin. The home run legend
claimed he’d mistakenly used a cosmetic cream with an unintended
bleaching effect. But last weekend at club Liv at the Fontainebleau in
Miami Beach, “Sosa looked back to his usual color and was partying with
friends until the early hours,” said a spy.
Wait, Sammy Sosa has fans? Since when?
In other news, Torii Hunter maintains that Sosa was never black to begin with.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 20
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 74
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)