May 12, 2010, 9:28 AM EST
A couple of chuckles during Dallas Braden’s appearance on Letterman last night — I think No. 8 is my favorite — but really, we’ve seen better with athletes (UPDATE: Sorry! Forgot to say what the Top 10 List actually was. It was the top 10 thoughts Dallas Braden had during his perfect 4-0 game against the
No. 10: Grandma’s right. Stick it, A-Rod.
No. 9: I did it! Oh crap, it’s only the 4th inning.
No. 8: Seriously, how cool a name is Dallas Braden?
No. 7: Now maybe Justin Bieber will notice me.
No. 6: I must not tell the world I’m Iron Man.
No. 5: This is something they can never take away from me. But
for $50,000, you can have my glove.
No. 4: This next pitch, eyes closed.
No. 3: Even I’ve never heard of me.
No. 2: I should at least give up one hit so I don’t have to do
No. 1: Maybe I can give Kate Hudson a call.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)