May 12, 2010, 9:28 AM EDT
A couple of chuckles during Dallas Braden’s appearance on Letterman last night — I think No. 8 is my favorite — but really, we’ve seen better with athletes (UPDATE: Sorry! Forgot to say what the Top 10 List actually was. It was the top 10 thoughts Dallas Braden had during his perfect 4-0 game against the
No. 10: Grandma’s right. Stick it, A-Rod.
No. 9: I did it! Oh crap, it’s only the 4th inning.
No. 8: Seriously, how cool a name is Dallas Braden?
No. 7: Now maybe Justin Bieber will notice me.
No. 6: I must not tell the world I’m Iron Man.
No. 5: This is something they can never take away from me. But
for $50,000, you can have my glove.
No. 4: This next pitch, eyes closed.
No. 3: Even I’ve never heard of me.
No. 2: I should at least give up one hit so I don’t have to do
No. 1: Maybe I can give Kate Hudson a call.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 6
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 42
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)