Dallas Braden's Letterman Top Ten List

May 12, 2010, 9:28 AM EDT

A couple of chuckles during Dallas Braden’s appearance on Letterman last night — I think No. 8 is my favorite — but really, we’ve seen better with athletes (UPDATE: Sorry! Forgot to say what the Top 10 List actually was. It was the top 10 thoughts Dallas Braden had during his perfect 4-0 game against the
Rays):

No. 10: Grandma’s right. Stick it, A-Rod.

No. 9: I did it! Oh crap, it’s only the 4th inning.

No. 8: Seriously, how cool a name is Dallas Braden?

No. 7: Now maybe Justin Bieber will notice me.

No. 6: I must not tell the world I’m Iron Man.

No. 5: This is something they can never take away from me. But
for $50,000, you can have my glove.

No. 4: This next pitch, eyes closed.

No. 3: Even I’ve never heard of me.

No. 2: I should at least give up one hit so I don’t have to do
Letterman.

No. 1: Maybe I can give Kate Hudson a call.

1. Mike G. - May 12, 2010 at 9:38 AM

#3 is the only one I really got a chuckle out of.

2. Church of the Perpetually Outraged - May 12, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Pretty much the same, were the rest supposed to be funny?

3. YankeesfanLen - May 12, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Addendum:
    If I knew I was going to do this, I would have left Mr. Rodriguez alone.
    Captcha: religious gypsies- a church in the 209

4. Elvis - May 12, 2010 at 10:55 AM

I think Dallas is tasting himself a little too much.

5. tolleyjenkins - May 12, 2010 at 10:57 AM

Top 10 what? You didn’t say…

6. APBA Guy - May 12, 2010 at 12:39 PM

The A’s/Texas game last night, a fabulous game actually, was a Braden love-fest by the A’s announcers. Not that you’d expect anything else. Ray Fosse, always a pleasure, said something to the effect that at least the next time Braden pitches at home the A’s can expect a crowd over 10,000.
    Now that’s setting your sights high!

7. ThatGuy - May 12, 2010 at 4:23 PM

Well if having one of your pitchers (and probably the ace of your staff) pitch a perfect game still can’t increase ticket sales, I don’t know what else can. Not to mention the A’s are in first place.
    I’m tired of all these Oakland fans whining about the team moving to San Jose. Really? Does an extra 25-30 minutes of driving really make that big of a difference? Not to mention that it’s 100x better than moving the team to Portland or Vegas. This team needs a new stadium and if Oakland can’t provide that, then move on to San Jose and get more fans.

8. JudyJ - May 12, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Notice that there is no mention of A-Rod by Braden in the top 10. Why? Because you can be sure MLB made a telephone call to him and his manager to cut the crap.

9. A-Rod - May 13, 2010 at 9:43 AM

See # 10.

Who are the favorites for Rookie of the Year?
  1. J. Soler (3439)