May 12, 2010, 12:12 PM EST
Jason Marquis’ DL stint was a the result of “floating bodies” in his elbow. Apparently they’re still floating, because MLB.com’s Bill Ladson is reporting that Marquis will most likely have surgery to remove bone chips
and spurs and will be down 8-10 weeks.
This is good news for a Nats’ rotation that, in all honesty, doesn’t need him. This is bad news for the Nats’ business people, who are now becoming fully aware that they would have been better off simply flushing $15 million down the terlet than giving it to Marquis.
I mean, at least if the Nats flushed it down the terlet they wouldn’t have to pay the medical bills and the direct deposit courtesy fees and everything.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)