May 12, 2010, 12:12 PM EDT
Jason Marquis’ DL stint was a the result of “floating bodies” in his elbow. Apparently they’re still floating, because MLB.com’s Bill Ladson is reporting that Marquis will most likely have surgery to remove bone chips
and spurs and will be down 8-10 weeks.
This is good news for a Nats’ rotation that, in all honesty, doesn’t need him. This is bad news for the Nats’ business people, who are now becoming fully aware that they would have been better off simply flushing $15 million down the terlet than giving it to Marquis.
I mean, at least if the Nats flushed it down the terlet they wouldn’t have to pay the medical bills and the direct deposit courtesy fees and everything.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 7
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 15
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 72
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 87
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)