May 12, 2010, 12:12 PM EDT
Jason Marquis’ DL stint was a the result of “floating bodies” in his elbow. Apparently they’re still floating, because MLB.com’s Bill Ladson is reporting that Marquis will most likely have surgery to remove bone chips
and spurs and will be down 8-10 weeks.
This is good news for a Nats’ rotation that, in all honesty, doesn’t need him. This is bad news for the Nats’ business people, who are now becoming fully aware that they would have been better off simply flushing $15 million down the terlet than giving it to Marquis.
I mean, at least if the Nats flushed it down the terlet they wouldn’t have to pay the medical bills and the direct deposit courtesy fees and everything.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 52
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (101)