May 12, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
We’ve been hearing about this for more than a year, but Ken Burns’ addendum to his 1994 “Baseball” documentary, entitled “The Tenth Inning,” is going to air on PBS September 28th and 29th.
The documentary will cover stuff that went down in the 1990s and 2000s such as steroids, the rise of the new Yankees’ dynasty and the Red Sox breaking the Curse of the Bambino.
Word is that there may be a few segments that don’t cover totally overexposed and tiresome topics as well.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 36
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 74
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)