May 12, 2010, 4:30 PM EST
We’ve been hearing about this for more than a year, but Ken Burns’ addendum to his 1994 “Baseball” documentary, entitled “The Tenth Inning,” is going to air on PBS September 28th and 29th.
The documentary will cover stuff that went down in the 1990s and 2000s such as steroids, the rise of the new Yankees’ dynasty and the Red Sox breaking the Curse of the Bambino.
Word is that there may be a few segments that don’t cover totally overexposed and tiresome topics as well.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)