May 12, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
As an addendum to this morning’s story about Brian Cushing, the football writers have, after a re-vote, decided to allow Cushing to keep his Defensive Rookie of the Year award despite the fact that he had tested positive for a banned substance before the season started.
Like I said this morning, the notion of going back and changing awards votes is not necessarily the smartest or most useful thing to do in the world, but can any of you imagine the baseball writers refusing the chance to strip a known PED-user of an award? I can’t.
I’m not sure if that makes the baseball writers too vindictive or the football writers too apathetic, but I think it’s a pretty telling insight into the differences between baseball and football PED politics.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 90
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 63
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (94)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)