May 13, 2010, 5:55 PM EDT
Phillies’ closer Brad Lidge had an MRI on his wonky elbow today, and the results are pretty good news: only
inflammation and no structural damage. He’s day-to-day.
I say “pretty good” because, as we noted earlier this week, inflammation is a symptom, not a diagnosis, and based on this news item we have no idea what, exactly, is causing the problem. In this way it’s much like your plumber telling you not to worry because he only found a foot of water in your basement, but that there is not a hole in your foundation. But there’s still water. And Brad Lidge’s elbow still hurts.
But I’m just being a pessimist. Maybe now that we know nothing is actually broken or torn it will get better and maybe the Phillies won’t be closing with Jose Contreras anymore.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)