May 13, 2010, 5:55 PM EST
Phillies’ closer Brad Lidge had an MRI on his wonky elbow today, and the results are pretty good news: only
inflammation and no structural damage. He’s day-to-day.
I say “pretty good” because, as we noted earlier this week, inflammation is a symptom, not a diagnosis, and based on this news item we have no idea what, exactly, is causing the problem. In this way it’s much like your plumber telling you not to worry because he only found a foot of water in your basement, but that there is not a hole in your foundation. But there’s still water. And Brad Lidge’s elbow still hurts.
But I’m just being a pessimist. Maybe now that we know nothing is actually broken or torn it will get better and maybe the Phillies won’t be closing with Jose Contreras anymore.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 3
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (289)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)