May 13, 2010, 5:55 PM EST
Phillies’ closer Brad Lidge had an MRI on his wonky elbow today, and the results are pretty good news: only
inflammation and no structural damage. He’s day-to-day.
I say “pretty good” because, as we noted earlier this week, inflammation is a symptom, not a diagnosis, and based on this news item we have no idea what, exactly, is causing the problem. In this way it’s much like your plumber telling you not to worry because he only found a foot of water in your basement, but that there is not a hole in your foundation. But there’s still water. And Brad Lidge’s elbow still hurts.
But I’m just being a pessimist. Maybe now that we know nothing is actually broken or torn it will get better and maybe the Phillies won’t be closing with Jose Contreras anymore.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)