May 13, 2010, 5:55 PM EDT
Phillies’ closer Brad Lidge had an MRI on his wonky elbow today, and the results are pretty good news: only
inflammation and no structural damage. He’s day-to-day.
I say “pretty good” because, as we noted earlier this week, inflammation is a symptom, not a diagnosis, and based on this news item we have no idea what, exactly, is causing the problem. In this way it’s much like your plumber telling you not to worry because he only found a foot of water in your basement, but that there is not a hole in your foundation. But there’s still water. And Brad Lidge’s elbow still hurts.
But I’m just being a pessimist. Maybe now that we know nothing is actually broken or torn it will get better and maybe the Phillies won’t be closing with Jose Contreras anymore.
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 5
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 92
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 13
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 55
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (92)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)