May 13, 2010, 10:35 AM EDT
As expected, Carlo Beltran began his running program on Monday and, according to Newsday, he’s apparently pain-free:
“Thank God there’s no pain . . . It’s a learning process
for me to start running again, so right now I’m thinking about how to
make it perfect. Today was the first day I ran and didn’t have to think
about it. I was happy with today. Today was a pretty good day.”
Didn’t even have to use his A.K.
is beginning other baseball activities, including batting practice. He will likely speed things up within the next week, moving on to sprinting and taking outfield and stuff.
No time line yet for his return, but certainly a good sign for the Mets.
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 46
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 26
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)