May 13, 2010, 10:35 AM EDT
As expected, Carlo Beltran began his running program on Monday and, according to Newsday, he’s apparently pain-free:
“Thank God there’s no pain . . . It’s a learning process
for me to start running again, so right now I’m thinking about how to
make it perfect. Today was the first day I ran and didn’t have to think
about it. I was happy with today. Today was a pretty good day.”
Didn’t even have to use his A.K.
is beginning other baseball activities, including batting practice. He will likely speed things up within the next week, moving on to sprinting and taking outfield and stuff.
No time line yet for his return, but certainly a good sign for the Mets.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (152)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)