May 13, 2010, 10:35 AM EST
As expected, Carlo Beltran began his running program on Monday and, according to Newsday, he’s apparently pain-free:
“Thank God there’s no pain . . . It’s a learning process
for me to start running again, so right now I’m thinking about how to
make it perfect. Today was the first day I ran and didn’t have to think
about it. I was happy with today. Today was a pretty good day.”
Didn’t even have to use his A.K.
is beginning other baseball activities, including batting practice. He will likely speed things up within the next week, moving on to sprinting and taking outfield and stuff.
No time line yet for his return, but certainly a good sign for the Mets.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)