May 13, 2010, 10:35 AM EDT
As expected, Carlo Beltran began his running program on Monday and, according to Newsday, he’s apparently pain-free:
“Thank God there’s no pain . . . It’s a learning process
for me to start running again, so right now I’m thinking about how to
make it perfect. Today was the first day I ran and didn’t have to think
about it. I was happy with today. Today was a pretty good day.”
Didn’t even have to use his A.K.
is beginning other baseball activities, including batting practice. He will likely speed things up within the next week, moving on to sprinting and taking outfield and stuff.
No time line yet for his return, but certainly a good sign for the Mets.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 54
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)