If you list it, they will buy

May 13, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT

The filming site of the movie “Field of Dreams” — cornfield ballpark and all — is up for sale:

The movie site, located
northeast of Dyersville, has been officially listed, according to owners
Don and Becky Lansing. The listing encompasses the movie site, which
includes the baseball diamond, a two-bedroom, 1 1/2-bath house, six
outbuildings and a parcel of land totaling 193 acres.

I’m 36 years old, I love my family, I love baseball and I blog in my pajamas all day. But until I read this article, I’d never done a crazy
thing in my whole life.  Who wants to go in with me?

1. bisonaudit - May 13, 2010 at 1:23 PM

Careful, I think you’d also be purchasing a long standing feud with the neighbors who own 3rd base and left field.
    maze off

2. Trevor B - May 13, 2010 at 1:29 PM

I’d go in on this, Craig.

3. Dan - May 13, 2010 at 1:45 PM

It’s money I have and peace I lack, so I’ll come.

4. BCTF - May 13, 2010 at 2:08 PM

The only problem is that you would have to live in Iowa

5. YANKEES1996 - May 13, 2010 at 2:10 PM

6. largebill - May 13, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Largest “Man-cave” ever. Get a bunch of guys to put in $$$ and then each gets a week per year. I call that week they refer to as Summer.

7. Stephen - May 13, 2010 at 2:49 PM

I’m in if you can get me a job writing about minor league baseball.

8. BC - May 13, 2010 at 3:03 PM

I was going to say I was in only if Amy Madigan came as part of the package…. but I just looked her up and she’s now 60. I can go for older women… but NOT 17 years older!
    Maybe Costner will buy it.

9. Jonny5 - May 13, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Dude I’m totally in. I have a plan to build a replica of the Playboy Mansion. Build it and they will come.

10. Joey B - May 13, 2010 at 3:22 PM

“How many people can you get in a 2 bedroom house?, aw, who cares nothing but baseball and solitude, I’m in!”
    It’s a fairy tale of course, but think about it. Wake up, eat breakfast. Play BB. Go back inside and the satellite is showing every game, and the cooler is full. Heck, I’ll even put time in on the farm for that.
    And while I’m at it, a catch with my dad would be really cool.

11. BC - May 13, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Hold the phone!!! Gaby Hoffman is 28 (she played the daughter) and is smokin’ and single single single.
    Craig, if you get in touch with her agent and can swing something, I’m back in.

12. BC - May 13, 2010 at 3:50 PM

Bad Gaby Hoffman link. Sorry. This one works.
    She’s no Drew Barrymore (sigh), but she’s enough to buy into the cornfield.
    Craig, any luck efforting the agent yet?

13. fodfan - May 13, 2010 at 4:20 PM

There is only one owner as of a couple of years ago. The family on the left and centerfield side was bought out by the Lansings. No more feud. It is the actual site where the movie was filmed. been there many times and Iowa is a great place to visit and live.

14. jwb - May 13, 2010 at 4:57 PM

This is a very nice time of year to be in Iowa. On a windless day, you can hear the corn grow. I think that’s pretty cool.

15. AdrianK - May 14, 2010 at 3:38 AM

Yes, I’ll sleep on the porch

Teams searching for trade deadline impact
  1. H. Street (3811)