May 13, 2010, 9:50 AM EDT
The Mariners are talking to some reporters. MLB.com’s Jim Street, for instance, and he reports that, according to the team, Milton Bradley isn’t
likely to rejoin the club until late next week.
Bradley is on the restricted list so he’s not traveling with the Mariners. Don Wakamatsu says, however, that “I think everything is going well” and that “Tentatively, we’re hoping that at some point in the [next] homestand,
he’ll be able to rejoin the team.”
I know Bradley has played primarily left field, but (a) there are better gloves to be deployed in left than Bradley’s; and (b) the team used Jose Lopez as their DH last night. Bradley may be struggling, but he has a better bat than Lopez and should maybe be the DH upon his return. Of course, he’d have to fight Mike Sweeney and Ken Griffey for that job. Perhaps literally.
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 20
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 72
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 46
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48