May 13, 2010, 9:50 AM EDT
The Mariners are talking to some reporters. MLB.com’s Jim Street, for instance, and he reports that, according to the team, Milton Bradley isn’t
likely to rejoin the club until late next week.
Bradley is on the restricted list so he’s not traveling with the Mariners. Don Wakamatsu says, however, that “I think everything is going well” and that “Tentatively, we’re hoping that at some point in the [next] homestand,
he’ll be able to rejoin the team.”
I know Bradley has played primarily left field, but (a) there are better gloves to be deployed in left than Bradley’s; and (b) the team used Jose Lopez as their DH last night. Bradley may be struggling, but he has a better bat than Lopez and should maybe be the DH upon his return. Of course, he’d have to fight Mike Sweeney and Ken Griffey for that job. Perhaps literally.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)