May 13, 2010, 9:50 AM EST
The Mariners are talking to some reporters. MLB.com’s Jim Street, for instance, and he reports that, according to the team, Milton Bradley isn’t
likely to rejoin the club until late next week.
Bradley is on the restricted list so he’s not traveling with the Mariners. Don Wakamatsu says, however, that “I think everything is going well” and that “Tentatively, we’re hoping that at some point in the [next] homestand,
he’ll be able to rejoin the team.”
I know Bradley has played primarily left field, but (a) there are better gloves to be deployed in left than Bradley’s; and (b) the team used Jose Lopez as their DH last night. Bradley may be struggling, but he has a better bat than Lopez and should maybe be the DH upon his return. Of course, he’d have to fight Mike Sweeney and Ken Griffey for that job. Perhaps literally.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)