May 13, 2010, 2:15 PM EST
Major League Baseball hasn’t yet seized the Texas Rangers, but according to Eric Fisher of Sports Business Journal, Bud Selig has set yet another deadline. It’s a secret though. Seriously. As Fisher notes, every other deadline that either Selig or Hicks or Greenberg or anyone else has set in this deal has been blown through, so it’s not like anything new is happening.
But I do like the addition of a secret deadline here. Such a humorously hypothetical construct adds some flavor to what is becoming a rather repetitive story. I hope the plot continues to thicken along these lines. What comes after a secret deadline? Double secret probation? The Cone of Silence? Ludicrous Speed?
- Keith Law Ranks the Farm Systems: Yay for Chicago! Boo for Detroit! 0
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 153
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (153)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)