May 13, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
Major League Baseball hasn’t yet seized the Texas Rangers, but according to Eric Fisher of Sports Business Journal, Bud Selig has set yet another deadline. It’s a secret though. Seriously. As Fisher notes, every other deadline that either Selig or Hicks or Greenberg or anyone else has set in this deal has been blown through, so it’s not like anything new is happening.
But I do like the addition of a secret deadline here. Such a humorously hypothetical construct adds some flavor to what is becoming a rather repetitive story. I hope the plot continues to thicken along these lines. What comes after a secret deadline? Double secret probation? The Cone of Silence? Ludicrous Speed?
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)