May 13, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
Major League Baseball hasn’t yet seized the Texas Rangers, but according to Eric Fisher of Sports Business Journal, Bud Selig has set yet another deadline. It’s a secret though. Seriously. As Fisher notes, every other deadline that either Selig or Hicks or Greenberg or anyone else has set in this deal has been blown through, so it’s not like anything new is happening.
But I do like the addition of a secret deadline here. Such a humorously hypothetical construct adds some flavor to what is becoming a rather repetitive story. I hope the plot continues to thicken along these lines. What comes after a secret deadline? Double secret probation? The Cone of Silence? Ludicrous Speed?
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 55
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 22
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 139
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 133
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (139)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (133)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)