May 13, 2010, 9:21 PM EDT
Want more Tim Tebow news? Of course you do.
The former University of Florida quarterback is working out this offseason at Memphis University School, away from the distractions of Florida and Colorado, and this week he was asked to take batting practice with the high school’s baseball team. How’d it go? You can probably guess. According to Ron Higgins of The Commercial Appeal, Tebow hit 12 of 15 pitches he saw out of the park.
“The kids were just awed by how far he hit the ball,” said Tebow’s Memphis-based agent, Jimmy Sexton. “The
best thing about Tim is he thinks he’s just another guy and acts that
way. He’s oblivious to everything going on around him. He doesn’t think
he’s a big deal.
We’ll leave the analysis of his football skills to our good friends at ProFootballTalk, but there’s no doubting that the kid is an athlete. He was chosen 25th overall by the Broncos in last month’s NFL Draft and can even flash a little pop with a baseball bat.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 29
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)