May 13, 2010, 9:21 PM EST
Want more Tim Tebow news? Of course you do.
The former University of Florida quarterback is working out this offseason at Memphis University School, away from the distractions of Florida and Colorado, and this week he was asked to take batting practice with the high school’s baseball team. How’d it go? You can probably guess. According to Ron Higgins of The Commercial Appeal, Tebow hit 12 of 15 pitches he saw out of the park.
“The kids were just awed by how far he hit the ball,” said Tebow’s Memphis-based agent, Jimmy Sexton. “The
best thing about Tim is he thinks he’s just another guy and acts that
way. He’s oblivious to everything going on around him. He doesn’t think
he’s a big deal.
We’ll leave the analysis of his football skills to our good friends at ProFootballTalk, but there’s no doubting that the kid is an athlete. He was chosen 25th overall by the Broncos in last month’s NFL Draft and can even flash a little pop with a baseball bat.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 148
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (150)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)