May 13, 2010, 9:21 PM EDT
Want more Tim Tebow news? Of course you do.
The former University of Florida quarterback is working out this offseason at Memphis University School, away from the distractions of Florida and Colorado, and this week he was asked to take batting practice with the high school’s baseball team. How’d it go? You can probably guess. According to Ron Higgins of The Commercial Appeal, Tebow hit 12 of 15 pitches he saw out of the park.
“The kids were just awed by how far he hit the ball,” said Tebow’s Memphis-based agent, Jimmy Sexton. “The
best thing about Tim is he thinks he’s just another guy and acts that
way. He’s oblivious to everything going on around him. He doesn’t think
he’s a big deal.
We’ll leave the analysis of his football skills to our good friends at ProFootballTalk, but there’s no doubting that the kid is an athlete. He was chosen 25th overall by the Broncos in last month’s NFL Draft and can even flash a little pop with a baseball bat.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 45
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 50
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 50
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 95
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)