May 13, 2010, 9:21 PM EDT
Want more Tim Tebow news? Of course you do.
The former University of Florida quarterback is working out this offseason at Memphis University School, away from the distractions of Florida and Colorado, and this week he was asked to take batting practice with the high school’s baseball team. How’d it go? You can probably guess. According to Ron Higgins of The Commercial Appeal, Tebow hit 12 of 15 pitches he saw out of the park.
“The kids were just awed by how far he hit the ball,” said Tebow’s Memphis-based agent, Jimmy Sexton. “The
best thing about Tim is he thinks he’s just another guy and acts that
way. He’s oblivious to everything going on around him. He doesn’t think
he’s a big deal.
We’ll leave the analysis of his football skills to our good friends at ProFootballTalk, but there’s no doubting that the kid is an athlete. He was chosen 25th overall by the Broncos in last month’s NFL Draft and can even flash a little pop with a baseball bat.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 5
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 8
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)