May 13, 2010, 9:21 PM EDT
Want more Tim Tebow news? Of course you do.
The former University of Florida quarterback is working out this offseason at Memphis University School, away from the distractions of Florida and Colorado, and this week he was asked to take batting practice with the high school’s baseball team. How’d it go? You can probably guess. According to Ron Higgins of The Commercial Appeal, Tebow hit 12 of 15 pitches he saw out of the park.
“The kids were just awed by how far he hit the ball,” said Tebow’s Memphis-based agent, Jimmy Sexton. “The
best thing about Tim is he thinks he’s just another guy and acts that
way. He’s oblivious to everything going on around him. He doesn’t think
he’s a big deal.
We’ll leave the analysis of his football skills to our good friends at ProFootballTalk, but there’s no doubting that the kid is an athlete. He was chosen 25th overall by the Broncos in last month’s NFL Draft and can even flash a little pop with a baseball bat.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)