May 14, 2010, 9:08 PM EDT
UPDATE: Martin Frank of the News Journal has some quotes from the Phillies’ skipper:
“I shouldn’t have said a word, but I didn’t say anything about
Colorado or anything about them crying,” Manuel said. “If I did
something, I’ll definitely talk to [Tracy]. I didn’t say anything about
that particular game.
“Usually, I say we’ll take care of that by beating them. I’ll let
Louisville [the Phillies’ bats] talk to them.”
8:15 PM: Before Friday’s game against the Brewers, Phillies manager Charlie Manuel told reporters that he shouldn’t have said anything about this week’s sign-stealing allegations by the Rockies.
As you recall, earlier in the week Manuel told the teams who have accused the Phillies of such shenanigans to “keep crying,” something that offended Rockies manager Jim Tracy.
Well, now Manuel says that comment wasn’t directed specifically at the Rockies. He even said he would be willing to talk to Tracy directly about the incident. Good man.
Manuel’s harshest words were left for the Mets the other day — all but accusing them of stealing signs at Citi Field in the process — so I’m going to assume he was simply directing his frustration towards his favorite division rival. Oh well. Anything to keep this rivalry fun.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 96
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 71
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 44
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (98)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)