May 14, 2010, 9:08 PM EDT
UPDATE: Martin Frank of the News Journal has some quotes from the Phillies’ skipper:
“I shouldn’t have said a word, but I didn’t say anything about
Colorado or anything about them crying,” Manuel said. “If I did
something, I’ll definitely talk to [Tracy]. I didn’t say anything about
that particular game.
“Usually, I say we’ll take care of that by beating them. I’ll let
Louisville [the Phillies’ bats] talk to them.”
8:15 PM: Before Friday’s game against the Brewers, Phillies manager Charlie Manuel told reporters that he shouldn’t have said anything about this week’s sign-stealing allegations by the Rockies.
As you recall, earlier in the week Manuel told the teams who have accused the Phillies of such shenanigans to “keep crying,” something that offended Rockies manager Jim Tracy.
Well, now Manuel says that comment wasn’t directed specifically at the Rockies. He even said he would be willing to talk to Tracy directly about the incident. Good man.
Manuel’s harshest words were left for the Mets the other day — all but accusing them of stealing signs at Citi Field in the process — so I’m going to assume he was simply directing his frustration towards his favorite division rival. Oh well. Anything to keep this rivalry fun.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 25
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 252
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 43
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (253)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)