May 14, 2010, 10:02 AM EST
Longtime commenter and longtime La Russa-watcher Ron Rollins nails the Genius’ behavior regarding the Lee-Carpenter dustup to a wall:
Simple misdirection. Every one will now be all over
LaRussa instead of Carpenter, which is most likely what was intended.
Worse thing that happens is everyone thinks LaRussa is a jerk, which he
is, but one who doesn’t really care what people think about him.
Meanwhile, this will get more press than the Cardinals getting swept
by the Astros.
He might be a jerk, but he’s pretty good at it.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 48
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)