May 14, 2010, 10:02 AM EDT
Longtime commenter and longtime La Russa-watcher Ron Rollins nails the Genius’ behavior regarding the Lee-Carpenter dustup to a wall:
Simple misdirection. Every one will now be all over
LaRussa instead of Carpenter, which is most likely what was intended.
Worse thing that happens is everyone thinks LaRussa is a jerk, which he
is, but one who doesn’t really care what people think about him.
Meanwhile, this will get more press than the Cardinals getting swept
by the Astros.
He might be a jerk, but he’s pretty good at it.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 10
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 102
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (128)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (104)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)