May 14, 2010, 10:02 AM EDT
Longtime commenter and longtime La Russa-watcher Ron Rollins nails the Genius’ behavior regarding the Lee-Carpenter dustup to a wall:
Simple misdirection. Every one will now be all over
LaRussa instead of Carpenter, which is most likely what was intended.
Worse thing that happens is everyone thinks LaRussa is a jerk, which he
is, but one who doesn’t really care what people think about him.
Meanwhile, this will get more press than the Cardinals getting swept
by the Astros.
He might be a jerk, but he’s pretty good at it.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)