May 14, 2010, 10:02 AM EST
Longtime commenter and longtime La Russa-watcher Ron Rollins nails the Genius’ behavior regarding the Lee-Carpenter dustup to a wall:
Simple misdirection. Every one will now be all over
LaRussa instead of Carpenter, which is most likely what was intended.
Worse thing that happens is everyone thinks LaRussa is a jerk, which he
is, but one who doesn’t really care what people think about him.
Meanwhile, this will get more press than the Cardinals getting swept
by the Astros.
He might be a jerk, but he’s pretty good at it.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)