May 14, 2010, 10:02 AM EST
Longtime commenter and longtime La Russa-watcher Ron Rollins nails the Genius’ behavior regarding the Lee-Carpenter dustup to a wall:
Simple misdirection. Every one will now be all over
LaRussa instead of Carpenter, which is most likely what was intended.
Worse thing that happens is everyone thinks LaRussa is a jerk, which he
is, but one who doesn’t really care what people think about him.
Meanwhile, this will get more press than the Cardinals getting swept
by the Astros.
He might be a jerk, but he’s pretty good at it.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)