May 14, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
Lots of people weighing in on their choice of walkup/coming out of the bullpen music in the earlier thread today. Initial takeaway: man, a lot of you guys like rap metal and 70s guitar bands. No one wants to walk to the plate listening to The Smiths or The Jesus and Mary Chain? [crickets]
Anywhoo, before I even wrote that post today I got an email from Ron Rollins that is appropriate to the subject:
During the Royals game yesterday, the
talking about relief pitcher Robinson Tejeda.
The music he used to have played when he
walked on was “Crazy” by Gnarls Barkley. He said he was walking too many people with
so he switched to “Ring of Fire.” Because he was “on fire.”
The fact that a relief pitcher uses “Ring of Fire” as his walk-on music is the most perplexing thing I’ve read all day. I mean, sure, it’s badass, but c’mon: “I went down, down, down and the flames went higher?” Really?
Tejeda is officially disqualified from the receiving the Rolaids Fireman of the Year Award. Assuming they still award it. Which is something I’m not entirely sure of.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 32
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 46
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)