May 14, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
Lots of people weighing in on their choice of walkup/coming out of the bullpen music in the earlier thread today. Initial takeaway: man, a lot of you guys like rap metal and 70s guitar bands. No one wants to walk to the plate listening to The Smiths or The Jesus and Mary Chain? [crickets]
Anywhoo, before I even wrote that post today I got an email from Ron Rollins that is appropriate to the subject:
During the Royals game yesterday, the
talking about relief pitcher Robinson Tejeda.
The music he used to have played when he
walked on was “Crazy” by Gnarls Barkley. He said he was walking too many people with
so he switched to “Ring of Fire.” Because he was “on fire.”
The fact that a relief pitcher uses “Ring of Fire” as his walk-on music is the most perplexing thing I’ve read all day. I mean, sure, it’s badass, but c’mon: “I went down, down, down and the flames went higher?” Really?
Tejeda is officially disqualified from the receiving the Rolaids Fireman of the Year Award. Assuming they still award it. Which is something I’m not entirely sure of.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 53
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 140
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 19
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 51
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 55
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)