May 14, 2010, 4:50 PM EST
Lots of people weighing in on their choice of walkup/coming out of the bullpen music in the earlier thread today. Initial takeaway: man, a lot of you guys like rap metal and 70s guitar bands. No one wants to walk to the plate listening to The Smiths or The Jesus and Mary Chain? [crickets]
Anywhoo, before I even wrote that post today I got an email from Ron Rollins that is appropriate to the subject:
During the Royals game yesterday, the
talking about relief pitcher Robinson Tejeda.
The music he used to have played when he
walked on was “Crazy” by Gnarls Barkley. He said he was walking too many people with
so he switched to “Ring of Fire.” Because he was “on fire.”
The fact that a relief pitcher uses “Ring of Fire” as his walk-on music is the most perplexing thing I’ve read all day. I mean, sure, it’s badass, but c’mon: “I went down, down, down and the flames went higher?” Really?
Tejeda is officially disqualified from the receiving the Rolaids Fireman of the Year Award. Assuming they still award it. Which is something I’m not entirely sure of.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)