May 14, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
Lots of people weighing in on their choice of walkup/coming out of the bullpen music in the earlier thread today. Initial takeaway: man, a lot of you guys like rap metal and 70s guitar bands. No one wants to walk to the plate listening to The Smiths or The Jesus and Mary Chain? [crickets]
Anywhoo, before I even wrote that post today I got an email from Ron Rollins that is appropriate to the subject:
During the Royals game yesterday, the
talking about relief pitcher Robinson Tejeda.
The music he used to have played when he
walked on was “Crazy” by Gnarls Barkley. He said he was walking too many people with
so he switched to “Ring of Fire.” Because he was “on fire.”
The fact that a relief pitcher uses “Ring of Fire” as his walk-on music is the most perplexing thing I’ve read all day. I mean, sure, it’s badass, but c’mon: “I went down, down, down and the flames went higher?” Really?
Tejeda is officially disqualified from the receiving the Rolaids Fireman of the Year Award. Assuming they still award it. Which is something I’m not entirely sure of.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 20
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 65
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)