May 15, 2010, 8:36 AM EST
UPDATE: Swisher is listed as day-to-day with a slight strain of the left biceps, according to Tim Britton of MLB.com. Friday’s MRI came back negative.
Friday, 9:33 PM: Nick Swisher exited Friday’s game against the Twins with a sore left biceps, according to Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse. He was taken to the hospital for a precautionary MRI.
Swisher sat out Thursday afternoon’s game against the Tigers after leaving the second game of Wednesday’s doubleheader with the same injury.
Swisher is off to a fantastic start for the Bombers this season, batting 294/.378/.546 with seven homers, 24 RBI and 20 runs scored. With games against the Twins, Red Sox, Rays, Mets and Twins again in the coming days, the potential loss of Swisher would be a big blow to a lineup that is already missing Curtis Granderson and Nick Johnson.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)