May 15, 2010, 8:36 AM EDT
UPDATE: Swisher is listed as day-to-day with a slight strain of the left biceps, according to Tim Britton of MLB.com. Friday’s MRI came back negative.
Friday, 9:33 PM: Nick Swisher exited Friday’s game against the Twins with a sore left biceps, according to Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse. He was taken to the hospital for a precautionary MRI.
Swisher sat out Thursday afternoon’s game against the Tigers after leaving the second game of Wednesday’s doubleheader with the same injury.
Swisher is off to a fantastic start for the Bombers this season, batting 294/.378/.546 with seven homers, 24 RBI and 20 runs scored. With games against the Twins, Red Sox, Rays, Mets and Twins again in the coming days, the potential loss of Swisher would be a big blow to a lineup that is already missing Curtis Granderson and Nick Johnson.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 11
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 96
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (96)