May 15, 2010, 8:36 AM EDT
UPDATE: Swisher is listed as day-to-day with a slight strain of the left biceps, according to Tim Britton of MLB.com. Friday’s MRI came back negative.
Friday, 9:33 PM: Nick Swisher exited Friday’s game against the Twins with a sore left biceps, according to Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse. He was taken to the hospital for a precautionary MRI.
Swisher sat out Thursday afternoon’s game against the Tigers after leaving the second game of Wednesday’s doubleheader with the same injury.
Swisher is off to a fantastic start for the Bombers this season, batting 294/.378/.546 with seven homers, 24 RBI and 20 runs scored. With games against the Twins, Red Sox, Rays, Mets and Twins again in the coming days, the potential loss of Swisher would be a big blow to a lineup that is already missing Curtis Granderson and Nick Johnson.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 0
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 66
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 75
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 100
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)