May 15, 2010, 8:36 AM EST
UPDATE: Swisher is listed as day-to-day with a slight strain of the left biceps, according to Tim Britton of MLB.com. Friday’s MRI came back negative.
Friday, 9:33 PM: Nick Swisher exited Friday’s game against the Twins with a sore left biceps, according to Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse. He was taken to the hospital for a precautionary MRI.
Swisher sat out Thursday afternoon’s game against the Tigers after leaving the second game of Wednesday’s doubleheader with the same injury.
Swisher is off to a fantastic start for the Bombers this season, batting 294/.378/.546 with seven homers, 24 RBI and 20 runs scored. With games against the Twins, Red Sox, Rays, Mets and Twins again in the coming days, the potential loss of Swisher would be a big blow to a lineup that is already missing Curtis Granderson and Nick Johnson.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 2
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 29
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 89
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 44
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (90)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)