May 15, 2010, 8:36 AM EDT
UPDATE: Swisher is listed as day-to-day with a slight strain of the left biceps, according to Tim Britton of MLB.com. Friday’s MRI came back negative.
Friday, 9:33 PM: Nick Swisher exited Friday’s game against the Twins with a sore left biceps, according to Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse. He was taken to the hospital for a precautionary MRI.
Swisher sat out Thursday afternoon’s game against the Tigers after leaving the second game of Wednesday’s doubleheader with the same injury.
Swisher is off to a fantastic start for the Bombers this season, batting 294/.378/.546 with seven homers, 24 RBI and 20 runs scored. With games against the Twins, Red Sox, Rays, Mets and Twins again in the coming days, the potential loss of Swisher would be a big blow to a lineup that is already missing Curtis Granderson and Nick Johnson.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)