May 15, 2010, 11:40 AM EDT
The Dodgers have decided to delay Rafael Furcal’s return from the disabled list after he felt some tightness in his right hamstring during two rehab games with Class A Inland Empire this week.
Furcal was originally expected to be activated on Friday, however Dodgers manager Joe Torre told Jim Peltz of the Los Angeles Times that “it’s probably going to be a few days” before Furcal returns to the lineup.
“He just didn’t feel sure that he could just turn it loose,” Torre said.
“He feels down about it, but we can’t have him unless he’s all the way
there. His speed means too much to his game. He didn’t reinjure
anything; it’s just not all the way back.”
Furcal was batting .309/.378/.420 with six RBI, eight stolen bases and 16 runs scored over his first 19 games before injuring the hamstring during the first game of a doubleheader against the Mets on April 27.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)