May 15, 2010, 11:40 AM EDT
The Dodgers have decided to delay Rafael Furcal’s return from the disabled list after he felt some tightness in his right hamstring during two rehab games with Class A Inland Empire this week.
Furcal was originally expected to be activated on Friday, however Dodgers manager Joe Torre told Jim Peltz of the Los Angeles Times that “it’s probably going to be a few days” before Furcal returns to the lineup.
“He just didn’t feel sure that he could just turn it loose,” Torre said.
“He feels down about it, but we can’t have him unless he’s all the way
there. His speed means too much to his game. He didn’t reinjure
anything; it’s just not all the way back.”
Furcal was batting .309/.378/.420 with six RBI, eight stolen bases and 16 runs scored over his first 19 games before injuring the hamstring during the first game of a doubleheader against the Mets on April 27.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)