May 15, 2010, 11:22 AM EDT
Last week, Aaron outlined how Pat Neshek expressed his frustration over the misdiagnosis of his injury via Facebook and Twitter. Well, on Friday, Twins manager Ron Gardenhire told Kelly Thesier of MLB.com that he recently met with Neshek to tell him that he was “not very happy” with the way he handled the situation.
“‘Our doctors are here to help you and get you better,’” Gardenhire said
of the conversation. “They put in a lot of effort and their time to do
that. They don’t deserve to be thrown under any kind of bus. If you have
something to say, say it to me or to the doctors and not on the
I’m going to assume Thesier quoted Gardenhire verbatim here, and while I appreciate the accuracy, it’s kind of hilariously cruel. In any case, Neshek is currently rehabbing his hand injury in Minnesota and played catch earlier this week. He’ll head to Triple-A Rochester once he’s ready to throw again.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8