May 15, 2010, 11:22 AM EDT
Last week, Aaron outlined how Pat Neshek expressed his frustration over the misdiagnosis of his injury via Facebook and Twitter. Well, on Friday, Twins manager Ron Gardenhire told Kelly Thesier of MLB.com that he recently met with Neshek to tell him that he was “not very happy” with the way he handled the situation.
“‘Our doctors are here to help you and get you better,’” Gardenhire said
of the conversation. “They put in a lot of effort and their time to do
that. They don’t deserve to be thrown under any kind of bus. If you have
something to say, say it to me or to the doctors and not on the
I’m going to assume Thesier quoted Gardenhire verbatim here, and while I appreciate the accuracy, it’s kind of hilariously cruel. In any case, Neshek is currently rehabbing his hand injury in Minnesota and played catch earlier this week. He’ll head to Triple-A Rochester once he’s ready to throw again.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)