May 15, 2010, 2:24 PM EDT
UPDATE: John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that Sandoval is out of the starting lineup for the first time this season on Saturday.
1:58 PM: Pablo Sandoval exited Friday’s game against the Astros after he was plunked on the left foot by right-hander Jeff Fulchino in the eighth inning.
Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that X-rays came back negative, but that Sandoval said the foot was still sore and he was unsure whether he would be able to play on Saturday night.
Kung-Fu Panda batted .368/.433/.575 with three homers, 10 RBI and a 8/10 K/BB ratio in April, but has struggled to a .135/.164/.192 batting line with zero homers, two RBI and a 9/1 K/BB ratio over the first 12 games in May, so perhaps a day off isn’t such a bad idea anyway.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 24
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 83
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (84)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)