May 15, 2010, 2:24 PM EDT
UPDATE: John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that Sandoval is out of the starting lineup for the first time this season on Saturday.
1:58 PM: Pablo Sandoval exited Friday’s game against the Astros after he was plunked on the left foot by right-hander Jeff Fulchino in the eighth inning.
Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that X-rays came back negative, but that Sandoval said the foot was still sore and he was unsure whether he would be able to play on Saturday night.
Kung-Fu Panda batted .368/.433/.575 with three homers, 10 RBI and a 8/10 K/BB ratio in April, but has struggled to a .135/.164/.192 batting line with zero homers, two RBI and a 9/1 K/BB ratio over the first 12 games in May, so perhaps a day off isn’t such a bad idea anyway.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)