May 15, 2010, 2:24 PM EDT
UPDATE: John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that Sandoval is out of the starting lineup for the first time this season on Saturday.
1:58 PM: Pablo Sandoval exited Friday’s game against the Astros after he was plunked on the left foot by right-hander Jeff Fulchino in the eighth inning.
Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that X-rays came back negative, but that Sandoval said the foot was still sore and he was unsure whether he would be able to play on Saturday night.
Kung-Fu Panda batted .368/.433/.575 with three homers, 10 RBI and a 8/10 K/BB ratio in April, but has struggled to a .135/.164/.192 batting line with zero homers, two RBI and a 9/1 K/BB ratio over the first 12 games in May, so perhaps a day off isn’t such a bad idea anyway.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)