May 16, 2010, 6:50 PM EST
Indians center fielder Grady Sizemore was lifted from Saturday’s game in the fifth inning with a left knee contusion, reports MLB.com’s Jeff Seidel. He suffered the injury on a slide into second base at the end of the fourth and was replaced by Trevor Crowe.
Crowe is 3-for-6 with a home run and two RBI since being called up from Triple-A Columbus on Saturday. He may be asked to play the next several games in center.
Sizemore could probably use some rest, no matter how severe his injury proves to be. He’s batting a disappointing .211 in 128 at-bats this year with a .271 on-base percentage and zero home runs. The Indians are 17-20 this season, seven games back of the Tigers in the American League Central standings.
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 65
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 121
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 79
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 156
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins (182)
- So Curt Schilling spent his evening arguing against the theory of evolution (165)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (156)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)