May 16, 2010, 6:50 PM EDT
Indians center fielder Grady Sizemore was lifted from Saturday’s game in the fifth inning with a left knee contusion, reports MLB.com’s Jeff Seidel. He suffered the injury on a slide into second base at the end of the fourth and was replaced by Trevor Crowe.
Crowe is 3-for-6 with a home run and two RBI since being called up from Triple-A Columbus on Saturday. He may be asked to play the next several games in center.
Sizemore could probably use some rest, no matter how severe his injury proves to be. He’s batting a disappointing .211 in 128 at-bats this year with a .271 on-base percentage and zero home runs. The Indians are 17-20 this season, seven games back of the Tigers in the American League Central standings.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)