May 16, 2010, 6:50 PM EDT
Indians center fielder Grady Sizemore was lifted from Saturday’s game in the fifth inning with a left knee contusion, reports MLB.com’s Jeff Seidel. He suffered the injury on a slide into second base at the end of the fourth and was replaced by Trevor Crowe.
Crowe is 3-for-6 with a home run and two RBI since being called up from Triple-A Columbus on Saturday. He may be asked to play the next several games in center.
Sizemore could probably use some rest, no matter how severe his injury proves to be. He’s batting a disappointing .211 in 128 at-bats this year with a .271 on-base percentage and zero home runs. The Indians are 17-20 this season, seven games back of the Tigers in the American League Central standings.
- Cliff Lee exits start with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 7
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 128
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)