May 16, 2010, 5:11 PM EDT
UPDATE: Street actually injured his groin on Saturday, according to Jim Armstrong of the Denver Post, and is probably going to be out until early June.
9:28am: Rockies closer Huston Street looked to be on the right track when he delivered a scoreless inning last Thursday in a rehab appearance for Double-A Tulsa. Now that has changed.
According to Tracy Ringolsby of Inside The Rockies, Street was lifted from a rehab outing Saturday after just five pitches, likely due to a recurrence of arm or shoulder fatigue. Here’s how the Tulsa Drillers’ website described the scene:
“Street motioned to the Tulsa dugout. He was promptly removed and taken to the Tulsa clubhouse by trainer Austin O’Shea.”
The Rockies haven’t revealed any further information and might not do so until they are able to reexamine Street on Sunday afternoon. Still, this sure sounds like a setback. Manny Corpas is the best option for saves these days in Colorado with Franklin Morales on the disabled list.
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 18
- Apparently MLB is going to ignore Alex Sanabia throwing a spitball 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 61
- Mike Trout hits for cycle in Angels’ rout of Mariners 22
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 6
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (106)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm