May 16, 2010, 5:11 PM EDT
UPDATE: Street actually injured his groin on Saturday, according to Jim Armstrong of the Denver Post, and is probably going to be out until early June.
9:28am: Rockies closer Huston Street looked to be on the right track when he delivered a scoreless inning last Thursday in a rehab appearance for Double-A Tulsa. Now that has changed.
According to Tracy Ringolsby of Inside The Rockies, Street was lifted from a rehab outing Saturday after just five pitches, likely due to a recurrence of arm or shoulder fatigue. Here’s how the Tulsa Drillers’ website described the scene:
“Street motioned to the Tulsa dugout. He was promptly removed and taken to the Tulsa clubhouse by trainer Austin O’Shea.”
The Rockies haven’t revealed any further information and might not do so until they are able to reexamine Street on Sunday afternoon. Still, this sure sounds like a setback. Manny Corpas is the best option for saves these days in Colorado with Franklin Morales on the disabled list.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)