May 16, 2010, 5:11 PM EDT
UPDATE: Street actually injured his groin on Saturday, according to Jim Armstrong of the Denver Post, and is probably going to be out until early June.
9:28am: Rockies closer Huston Street looked to be on the right track when he delivered a scoreless inning last Thursday in a rehab appearance for Double-A Tulsa. Now that has changed.
According to Tracy Ringolsby of Inside The Rockies, Street was lifted from a rehab outing Saturday after just five pitches, likely due to a recurrence of arm or shoulder fatigue. Here’s how the Tulsa Drillers’ website described the scene:
“Street motioned to the Tulsa dugout. He was promptly removed and taken to the Tulsa clubhouse by trainer Austin O’Shea.”
The Rockies haven’t revealed any further information and might not do so until they are able to reexamine Street on Sunday afternoon. Still, this sure sounds like a setback. Manny Corpas is the best option for saves these days in Colorado with Franklin Morales on the disabled list.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 16
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 26
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 26
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)