May 16, 2010, 5:11 PM EDT
UPDATE: Street actually injured his groin on Saturday, according to Jim Armstrong of the Denver Post, and is probably going to be out until early June.
9:28am: Rockies closer Huston Street looked to be on the right track when he delivered a scoreless inning last Thursday in a rehab appearance for Double-A Tulsa. Now that has changed.
According to Tracy Ringolsby of Inside The Rockies, Street was lifted from a rehab outing Saturday after just five pitches, likely due to a recurrence of arm or shoulder fatigue. Here’s how the Tulsa Drillers’ website described the scene:
“Street motioned to the Tulsa dugout. He was promptly removed and taken to the Tulsa clubhouse by trainer Austin O’Shea.”
The Rockies haven’t revealed any further information and might not do so until they are able to reexamine Street on Sunday afternoon. Still, this sure sounds like a setback. Manny Corpas is the best option for saves these days in Colorado with Franklin Morales on the disabled list.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 54
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)