May 17, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
Carlos Delgado was interviewed by the Puerto Rican paper El Nuevo Dia, and said that he hopes to return to action in July. He’s not totally deluded about his chances — he just had his second hip operation in less than a year — but he thinks he can still contribute in a limited role.
Based on what we were hearing about his mobility this winter, I’d guess that fielding is right out, so DH is probably his only chance. But what team is going to want to sign an old and very likely ineffective guy to be its designated hitter?
Aside from the Mariners anyway, who have like three guys who fit that description.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 1
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 27
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 20
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 28
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (103)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)