May 17, 2010, 5:45 PM EST
As God is my witness I thought turkeys could run:
A pair of Dodgers’ prospects in Midland, Mich., are being given credit
for helping to save a life last Sunday.
The pair of Single-A
Great Lakes players from the Dominican Republic were passengers in a car
on the highway when they saw a motorcyclist in front of them hit a
The players — Rafael Ynoa and Elisaul Pimentel — were on their way to a doubleheader when the accident happened. They got out and, with the help of fellow passengers, who included a nurse, gave the motorcyclist CPR. He was taken the hospital in a coma but has since improved, according to the Los Angeles Times.
The turkey was reported to be in critical but delicious condition as of press time.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 64
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 22
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)