May 17, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
As God is my witness I thought turkeys could run:
A pair of Dodgers’ prospects in Midland, Mich., are being given credit
for helping to save a life last Sunday.
The pair of Single-A
Great Lakes players from the Dominican Republic were passengers in a car
on the highway when they saw a motorcyclist in front of them hit a
The players — Rafael Ynoa and Elisaul Pimentel — were on their way to a doubleheader when the accident happened. They got out and, with the help of fellow passengers, who included a nurse, gave the motorcyclist CPR. He was taken the hospital in a coma but has since improved, according to the Los Angeles Times.
The turkey was reported to be in critical but delicious condition as of press time.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 46
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 78
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 51
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 95
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (95)