May 17, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
As God is my witness I thought turkeys could run:
A pair of Dodgers’ prospects in Midland, Mich., are being given credit
for helping to save a life last Sunday.
The pair of Single-A
Great Lakes players from the Dominican Republic were passengers in a car
on the highway when they saw a motorcyclist in front of them hit a
The players — Rafael Ynoa and Elisaul Pimentel — were on their way to a doubleheader when the accident happened. They got out and, with the help of fellow passengers, who included a nurse, gave the motorcyclist CPR. He was taken the hospital in a coma but has since improved, according to the Los Angeles Times.
The turkey was reported to be in critical but delicious condition as of press time.
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 3
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 9
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 35
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 180
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (180)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)