May 17, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
As God is my witness I thought turkeys could run:
A pair of Dodgers’ prospects in Midland, Mich., are being given credit
for helping to save a life last Sunday.
The pair of Single-A
Great Lakes players from the Dominican Republic were passengers in a car
on the highway when they saw a motorcyclist in front of them hit a
The players — Rafael Ynoa and Elisaul Pimentel — were on their way to a doubleheader when the accident happened. They got out and, with the help of fellow passengers, who included a nurse, gave the motorcyclist CPR. He was taken the hospital in a coma but has since improved, according to the Los Angeles Times.
The turkey was reported to be in critical but delicious condition as of press time.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (247)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)