May 17, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
As God is my witness I thought turkeys could run:
A pair of Dodgers’ prospects in Midland, Mich., are being given credit
for helping to save a life last Sunday.
The pair of Single-A
Great Lakes players from the Dominican Republic were passengers in a car
on the highway when they saw a motorcyclist in front of them hit a
The players — Rafael Ynoa and Elisaul Pimentel — were on their way to a doubleheader when the accident happened. They got out and, with the help of fellow passengers, who included a nurse, gave the motorcyclist CPR. He was taken the hospital in a coma but has since improved, according to the Los Angeles Times.
The turkey was reported to be in critical but delicious condition as of press time.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 8
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 22
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 34
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)