May 17, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
The Brewers placed LHP Doug Davis on the 15-day disabled list with a heart
condition. It’s pericarditis, which is an acute inflammation of the lining around the heart. Bob Dylan had it back in 1997 and it almost killed him, but considering that Davis is not a 56 year-old chain smoker, his prognosis is much better.
Antibiotics willing, Davis should be back throwing within a couple of weeks. His harmonica playing and twisted-but-brilliant late-career interpretations of American roots music will continue to be quite poor, however.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (79)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (71)