May 17, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
The Brewers placed LHP Doug Davis on the 15-day disabled list with a heart
condition. It’s pericarditis, which is an acute inflammation of the lining around the heart. Bob Dylan had it back in 1997 and it almost killed him, but considering that Davis is not a 56 year-old chain smoker, his prognosis is much better.
Antibiotics willing, Davis should be back throwing within a couple of weeks. His harmonica playing and twisted-but-brilliant late-career interpretations of American roots music will continue to be quite poor, however.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8