May 17, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
The Phillies are saying that Jimmy Rollins will be evaluated today and, assuming everything checks out, he’ll be be activated before tonight’s game against the Pirates.
Rollins had started out well before straining his calf. His replacements — Juan Castro and Wilson Valdez — have been adequate at the plate and good in the field, but the team will certainly be happy to have Rollins back. Of course, they sport the largest lead of any first place team in baseball right now, so it’s not like they’re desperate or anything.
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 50
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 26
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)