May 17, 2010, 12:15 PM EST
The Phillies are saying that Jimmy Rollins will be evaluated today and, assuming everything checks out, he’ll be be activated before tonight’s game against the Pirates.
Rollins had started out well before straining his calf. His replacements — Juan Castro and Wilson Valdez — have been adequate at the plate and good in the field, but the team will certainly be happy to have Rollins back. Of course, they sport the largest lead of any first place team in baseball right now, so it’s not like they’re desperate or anything.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 64
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 32
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)