May 17, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
The Phillies are saying that Jimmy Rollins will be evaluated today and, assuming everything checks out, he’ll be be activated before tonight’s game against the Pirates.
Rollins had started out well before straining his calf. His replacements — Juan Castro and Wilson Valdez — have been adequate at the plate and good in the field, but the team will certainly be happy to have Rollins back. Of course, they sport the largest lead of any first place team in baseball right now, so it’s not like they’re desperate or anything.
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 61
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 9
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)