May 17, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
The Phillies are saying that Jimmy Rollins will be evaluated today and, assuming everything checks out, he’ll be be activated before tonight’s game against the Pirates.
Rollins had started out well before straining his calf. His replacements — Juan Castro and Wilson Valdez — have been adequate at the plate and good in the field, but the team will certainly be happy to have Rollins back. Of course, they sport the largest lead of any first place team in baseball right now, so it’s not like they’re desperate or anything.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 221
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (221)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)