May 17, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
The Phillies are saying that Jimmy Rollins will be evaluated today and, assuming everything checks out, he’ll be be activated before tonight’s game against the Pirates.
Rollins had started out well before straining his calf. His replacements — Juan Castro and Wilson Valdez — have been adequate at the plate and good in the field, but the team will certainly be happy to have Rollins back. Of course, they sport the largest lead of any first place team in baseball right now, so it’s not like they’re desperate or anything.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)