May 17, 2010, 4:14 PM EST
The latest protest over the Arizona immigration law will take place at this week’s Marlins-Diamondbacks series:
Immigrant rights activists from throughout South Florida plan to
gather at Sun Life Stadium in North Miami-Dade to distribute fliers and
hold up protest signs during the baseball game between the Arizona
Diamondbacks and the Florida Marlins starting at 7:10 p.m.
María Rodríguez, executive director of Florida Immigrant
Coalition, one of the groups involved in planning the protest,
called on all immigration activists last week to join the
There are a lot of immigration activists in south Florida, so you can bet there will be hundreds of people at the Marlins-Diamondbacks game.
It may be slightly disruptive, but if the Marlins are smart they’ll actually let them into the park, thereby tripling attendance for the actual game.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (129)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)