May 17, 2010, 4:14 PM EDT
The latest protest over the Arizona immigration law will take place at this week’s Marlins-Diamondbacks series:
Immigrant rights activists from throughout South Florida plan to
gather at Sun Life Stadium in North Miami-Dade to distribute fliers and
hold up protest signs during the baseball game between the Arizona
Diamondbacks and the Florida Marlins starting at 7:10 p.m.
María Rodríguez, executive director of Florida Immigrant
Coalition, one of the groups involved in planning the protest,
called on all immigration activists last week to join the
There are a lot of immigration activists in south Florida, so you can bet there will be hundreds of people at the Marlins-Diamondbacks game.
It may be slightly disruptive, but if the Marlins are smart they’ll actually let them into the park, thereby tripling attendance for the actual game.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 49
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 28
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 7
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)