May 17, 2010, 10:22 AM EST
The wonderful Carson Cistulli has been asking various baseball writers why they do what they do and is posting the results in a series over at FanGraphs. I’m up today, so if you want to know what motivates a guy to throw away a high-paying, high-powered legal career in order to sit around in his pajamas all day, annoying his wife, damaging his median nerves and straining his eyesight — apart from the obvious joys of those things — you may be interested in reading it.
If it seems a bit long, that’s just because I was trying really hard not to tell the truth and say “because math is hard” when answering the question.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 74
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (75)