May 17, 2010, 10:22 AM EDT
The wonderful Carson Cistulli has been asking various baseball writers why they do what they do and is posting the results in a series over at FanGraphs. I’m up today, so if you want to know what motivates a guy to throw away a high-paying, high-powered legal career in order to sit around in his pajamas all day, annoying his wife, damaging his median nerves and straining his eyesight — apart from the obvious joys of those things — you may be interested in reading it.
If it seems a bit long, that’s just because I was trying really hard not to tell the truth and say “because math is hard” when answering the question.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 47
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 34
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 68
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)