May 18, 2010, 2:12 PM EDT
Bad news for the Dodgers: Ken Rosenthal reports that Andre Ethier
is heading to the disabled list.
tip of his pinkie finger while taking practice swings on Saturday. Regrettably for the Dodgers, he happened to be leading the NL in all three triple crown categories at the time, and has become the team’s designated walkoff artist. There isn’t a player they need more than him at the moment, so his loss will no doubt be felt.
And that would be the case even if his primary replacements weren’t Garret Anderson (.136/.161/.237) and Reed Johnson (.242/.250/.355). Dodgers fans will feel their contributions, all right, much in the same way one feels White Castle hamburgers after an ill-advised swing through the drive-thru after an evening of Jager shots.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)