May 18, 2010, 2:12 PM EST
Bad news for the Dodgers: Ken Rosenthal reports that Andre Ethier
is heading to the disabled list.
tip of his pinkie finger while taking practice swings on Saturday. Regrettably for the Dodgers, he happened to be leading the NL in all three triple crown categories at the time, and has become the team’s designated walkoff artist. There isn’t a player they need more than him at the moment, so his loss will no doubt be felt.
And that would be the case even if his primary replacements weren’t Garret Anderson (.136/.161/.237) and Reed Johnson (.242/.250/.355). Dodgers fans will feel their contributions, all right, much in the same way one feels White Castle hamburgers after an ill-advised swing through the drive-thru after an evening of Jager shots.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)