May 18, 2010, 2:12 PM EDT
Bad news for the Dodgers: Ken Rosenthal reports that Andre Ethier
is heading to the disabled list.
tip of his pinkie finger while taking practice swings on Saturday. Regrettably for the Dodgers, he happened to be leading the NL in all three triple crown categories at the time, and has become the team’s designated walkoff artist. There isn’t a player they need more than him at the moment, so his loss will no doubt be felt.
And that would be the case even if his primary replacements weren’t Garret Anderson (.136/.161/.237) and Reed Johnson (.242/.250/.355). Dodgers fans will feel their contributions, all right, much in the same way one feels White Castle hamburgers after an ill-advised swing through the drive-thru after an evening of Jager shots.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)