May 18, 2010, 2:12 PM EDT
Bad news for the Dodgers: Ken Rosenthal reports that Andre Ethier
is heading to the disabled list.
tip of his pinkie finger while taking practice swings on Saturday. Regrettably for the Dodgers, he happened to be leading the NL in all three triple crown categories at the time, and has become the team’s designated walkoff artist. There isn’t a player they need more than him at the moment, so his loss will no doubt be felt.
And that would be the case even if his primary replacements weren’t Garret Anderson (.136/.161/.237) and Reed Johnson (.242/.250/.355). Dodgers fans will feel their contributions, all right, much in the same way one feels White Castle hamburgers after an ill-advised swing through the drive-thru after an evening of Jager shots.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 16
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 40
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 16
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)