May 18, 2010, 9:44 AM EDT
Out since mid-April with a shoulder injury, Edwin Encarnacion is finally expected to come off the disabled list today.
Unfortunately for the Blue Jays he’ll be taking the roster spot of Travis Snider, who was placed on the DL with a sprained wrist Monday just when the 22-year-old was starting to put up some big numbers. Snider hit .378 with three homers and six doubles in 12 games this month after batting .155 in April.
Encarnacion will resume starting at third base, with Jose Bautista remaining in the lineup every day by shifting to the outfield. Bautista ranks third in the AL with 11 homers after averaging just 17 long balls per 500 at-bats coming into the year. Encarnacion struggled before the DL stint and his star has faded considerably, but he’s very capable of being an asset offensively if the Blue Jays are willing to live with his terrible glove.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 161
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 69
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (161)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)