May 18, 2010, 7:48 PM EST
Fresh off their 27th World Series championship, Forbes magazine named the Yankees as the most valuable team brand in sports on Tuesday, according to the Associated Press.
According to Forbes, the Yankees brand is now worth $328 million (21 percent of their $1.6 billion total team value), supplanting English soccer team Manchester United’s value of $285 million (16 percent of their $1.835 billion value). Man U were ranked as the No. 1 brand in 2009.
The list is largely dominated by soccer teams, but as far as American pro sports franchises, you’ll also find the Cowboys (No. 4), the Red Sox (No. 8), the Mets (No. 9) and the Patriots (No. 10). You can view a slideshow of the entire top 10 on the Forbes website. My question? Where are the Long Island Ducks!?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)