May 18, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
. . . And tell him that you’re not really interested in finding a job playing baseball anymore. He seems to think you are given that, as Tim Dierkes of MLB Trade Rumors reminds us, he’s been telling everyone that you’ve been working out in anticipation of that big contract from the non-terrible team you’ve been wanting.
According to FanHouse’s Jeff Fletcher, however, your friend Eric Chavez, however, tells a different story. He’s telling everyone that you are “at peace being at
home” and not working out at all, creating the impression that you have no plans to play baseball any longer. Well, more of an impression, anyway.
Which is fine. You’ve had a nice career, all of your former teams are stinking up the joint this year and there’s nothing wrong with a wealthy man being at home with his family.
But your agent is probably a busy guy who could use a break, so it would be really nice if you’d tell him that it’s cool to move on to other clients rather than continuing to shop your less-than-eager services around, cool?
Of course it’s cool.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)