May 18, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
. . . And tell him that you’re not really interested in finding a job playing baseball anymore. He seems to think you are given that, as Tim Dierkes of MLB Trade Rumors reminds us, he’s been telling everyone that you’ve been working out in anticipation of that big contract from the non-terrible team you’ve been wanting.
According to FanHouse’s Jeff Fletcher, however, your friend Eric Chavez, however, tells a different story. He’s telling everyone that you are “at peace being at
home” and not working out at all, creating the impression that you have no plans to play baseball any longer. Well, more of an impression, anyway.
Which is fine. You’ve had a nice career, all of your former teams are stinking up the joint this year and there’s nothing wrong with a wealthy man being at home with his family.
But your agent is probably a busy guy who could use a break, so it would be really nice if you’d tell him that it’s cool to move on to other clients rather than continuing to shop your less-than-eager services around, cool?
Of course it’s cool.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 9
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 39
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 22
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 43
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)