May 18, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
. . . And tell him that you’re not really interested in finding a job playing baseball anymore. He seems to think you are given that, as Tim Dierkes of MLB Trade Rumors reminds us, he’s been telling everyone that you’ve been working out in anticipation of that big contract from the non-terrible team you’ve been wanting.
According to FanHouse’s Jeff Fletcher, however, your friend Eric Chavez, however, tells a different story. He’s telling everyone that you are “at peace being at
home” and not working out at all, creating the impression that you have no plans to play baseball any longer. Well, more of an impression, anyway.
Which is fine. You’ve had a nice career, all of your former teams are stinking up the joint this year and there’s nothing wrong with a wealthy man being at home with his family.
But your agent is probably a busy guy who could use a break, so it would be really nice if you’d tell him that it’s cool to move on to other clients rather than continuing to shop your less-than-eager services around, cool?
Of course it’s cool.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 13
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 45
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 28
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 46
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)