May 18, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
. . . And tell him that you’re not really interested in finding a job playing baseball anymore. He seems to think you are given that, as Tim Dierkes of MLB Trade Rumors reminds us, he’s been telling everyone that you’ve been working out in anticipation of that big contract from the non-terrible team you’ve been wanting.
According to FanHouse’s Jeff Fletcher, however, your friend Eric Chavez, however, tells a different story. He’s telling everyone that you are “at peace being at
home” and not working out at all, creating the impression that you have no plans to play baseball any longer. Well, more of an impression, anyway.
Which is fine. You’ve had a nice career, all of your former teams are stinking up the joint this year and there’s nothing wrong with a wealthy man being at home with his family.
But your agent is probably a busy guy who could use a break, so it would be really nice if you’d tell him that it’s cool to move on to other clients rather than continuing to shop your less-than-eager services around, cool?
Of course it’s cool.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)