May 18, 2010, 5:45 PM EST
. . . And tell him that you’re not really interested in finding a job playing baseball anymore. He seems to think you are given that, as Tim Dierkes of MLB Trade Rumors reminds us, he’s been telling everyone that you’ve been working out in anticipation of that big contract from the non-terrible team you’ve been wanting.
According to FanHouse’s Jeff Fletcher, however, your friend Eric Chavez, however, tells a different story. He’s telling everyone that you are “at peace being at
home” and not working out at all, creating the impression that you have no plans to play baseball any longer. Well, more of an impression, anyway.
Which is fine. You’ve had a nice career, all of your former teams are stinking up the joint this year and there’s nothing wrong with a wealthy man being at home with his family.
But your agent is probably a busy guy who could use a break, so it would be really nice if you’d tell him that it’s cool to move on to other clients rather than continuing to shop your less-than-eager services around, cool?
Of course it’s cool.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)